Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

What

300 dom is a 2.2ish multiplier off a mid 130s opening, fucking TROS still has 2.9

a completely unimpressive 3x multiplier on christmas still takes it to over 400 - don't think anyone would be shocked at 4x for mid 500s

Below expectations? sure but jesus christ man, you need a chill pill

I think they were talking about 300M for Puss

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

so Puss in Boots; the whitney doc seems DOA (extreme beach volleyball edition), so its puss in boots or nothing for anyone who thinks avatar wont have amazing legs

anyone ready to flirt with 300 dom

Puss in boots has really good reviews so far ( 97% on rt with 35 reviews.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Puss in boots has really good reviews so far ( 97% on rt with 35 reviews.)

Yeah, it had previews both on USA and internationally, and I've only read positive things about it. It has 4.0 on Letterboxd and 98% Verified Score (although both from small samples)

Everyone agrees it's the best entry in the Shrek universe since 2004 and many called it the best DreamWorks movie since Dragon 2

2 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Idk about $300M DOM but I could probably go for 6-7x OW. 

even when avatar 2 was regularly accumulating 800 million predictions (not saying that wont happen, but y'know) people were saying 200 million dom for puss was possible, so if avatar 2 only makes a very very meh 550 million, where does that hypothetical 250 million worth of audiences go? 

always dumb to talk audiences that might not exist, but shouldnt avatar "underperforming" (for now) mean that Puss's ceiling has substantially increased?

Once again want to state that the only reason the kind of discussion is happening now over a movie that's opening to over 100m domestic, locked for a billion ww and probably much higher, and is looking incredibly likely to pass 500 million dom is the insane overhype lol. Subtract that and this'd be discussed as a genuinely very good result.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Verrows said:

OT: just watched Rogue One again (fitting, since it released this weekend 6 years ago) and I still maintain it's my favorite Disney era Star Wars film. Honestly one of my top, period. Not everyone's cup of tea but right up my alley that's for sure. As you can imagine I loved Andor just the same.

@Porthos

Rogue One is easily the best Star Wars film, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

except Gravity

Completely empty boring technical CG showcase that doesn't even look as good as it's immediate cousins Interstellar or The Martian

The Martian was easily the least interesting of the bunch.

• Like 3