Eric is Quiet

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, but a lot of people have gotten turned off from the "arrogance all the time" personality in the US...a certain 4 year recent period helped really cement that turn off...

eh i think Jim's arrogance is funny. he's not hurting anyone.

9 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

The force awakens record ain’t shit in 2026. You can take it with comparatively paltry admissions.

Ticket price inflation has slowed down quite a bit in the last 6 months and if this pattern holds (let’s say 3% average increase through 2026) then you would still need a NWH level of ticket sales to get past TFA.

I know it means little in the grand scheme of thjings guys, but i checked the bookings for my 10am showing this morning (UK) right before i left, and it had 18 seats booked. final tally in the showing was 59 peopel, so it hard 41 walk ups, and thats for a 10am showing.

Maybe walk ups wont be as bad as some of you have been thinking.

Yeah MCU fans are overhyping Secret Wars like they did with DS2, imagining about cameos that never happened

Aren't the MCU X-Men debuting after Secret Wars? And bringing back Tobey and Andrew won't have the same effect as seeing them together for the first time in NWH (for me personally, I still felt the novelty/excitement/nostalgia effect after multiple rewatches but it inevitably wore off like a month ago)

Then the Phase 4 momentum killer... yeah

So I think fake concern trolling or wishing for A2's underperformance is weird. This probably our last chance to see an exciting all-timer box office run for a very long time. There will be breakouts next year and after that for sure but none are all-timers.

• Haha 1

From Deadline Hollywood -

Critics on Rotten Tomatoes may have simmered to 79% fresh, however, audience reactions as polled by Comscore/Screen Engine’s Posttrak are through the roof at 5 stars, 91% ad 82% definite recommend. They’re numbers any studio would crave. Audience make-up was 89% general, 5% parents, and 6% kids under 12. Men turned out a bit more than women at 59% to 41%. The 18-34 crowd repped 61% of all ticket buyers last night. Those over 45 were 14%. Those under 25 repped 41%. That latter number is potent given how some were concerned how older skewing this property would be. Again, the older Avatar fans will find their way to this movie with the right seat, right format they desire. No one wants to rush to see this sequel and be stuck in a 10 A.M. front seat in 2D.

Diversity turnout was 35% Caucasian, 29% Latino and Hispanic, 15% Asian, and 13% Black.

• Like 1