Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates: Avatar 19.7, Puss 11.5, M3GAN 9.8, Missing 9.3, Otto 9

39 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I walked out of Missing 30 minutes in - nothing to do with the quality of the film, but because everyone has seemingly lost their ability to be a respectful audience member.

In a small auditorium in my local theater, multiple crying babies (why do people still bring their infants into loud intense movies), 3 different big groups walked into the theater 20 minutes late, acting like they had no idea where they're supposed to sit in a theater with assigned seating, people directly next to me on their phones taking snaps with audio on AND that iPhone flash for every single notification they got, a huge group of teens walked in literally screaming to scare the audience 30 mins in, so I just left. Ridiculous.

At least the Eagles are putting on a clinic right now. Maybe I'll catch a matinee tomorrow morning.

I just hate disrespectful audiences who don't understand the social contract they must engage in when going to the cinema. If it was me I would've said them to shut the fuck up but yea it's good you got out of there. I don't expect everyone to be silent the whole film. If an audience laughs at a joke or claps at a climactic scene, that makes the cinema experience more lively. But blatant disregard for the experience of othe audience members, is something that shouldn't be tolerated.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Just going back to the ticket price thing, i actually have a scrapbook from when i was younger where i used to tape my cinema tickets in.

Anyway in 97 Titanic cost me £5.20.

AVATAR in 2009 cost me £6.99 for 3D.

And today for A2, 2D cost me £6.99, and 3D cost me £8.99.

Its pretty crazy when you compare it to how high tickets go in the US over time.

Man those seem like good prices in your town. I paid $11.50 for a matinee 2D showing of Avatar 2. Looks like this would be around 9.30 in British pounds. 

43 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I walked out of Missing 30 minutes in - nothing to do with the quality of the film, but because everyone has seemingly lost their ability to be a respectful audience member.

In a small auditorium in my local theater, multiple crying babies (why do people still bring their infants into loud intense movies), 3 different big groups walked into the theater 20 minutes late, acting like they had no idea where they're supposed to sit in a theater with assigned seating, people directly next to me on their phones taking snaps with audio on AND that iPhone flash for every single notification they got, a huge group of teens walked in literally screaming to scare the audience 30 mins in, so I just left. Ridiculous.

At least the Eagles are putting on a clinic right now. Maybe I'll catch a matinee tomorrow morning.

Hopefully you got a refund at least.

38 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I just hate disrespectful audiences who don't understand the social contract they must engage in when going to the cinema. If it was me I would've said them to shut the fuck up but yea it's good you got out of there. I don't expect everyone to be silent the whole film. If an audience laughs at a joke or claps at a climactic scene, that makes the cinema experience more lively. But blatant disregard for the experience of othe audience members, is something that shouldn't be tolerated.

I don't live in the safest area, and you never really know how people are going to react to any of this nowadays, so since I have Unlimited I just figured I'd cut my losses and watch the big game instead lol

33 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Hopefully you got a refund at least.

Yeah, I would've definitely asked for a refund if I didn't have Regal Unlimited. By the time I got out of there, all I had wasted was 30 minutes of my time, so can't complain too much. Now if my matinee is similarly rowdy tomorrow I'll be put off for good lol

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

OT [but the thread is pretty dead anyway]:::

I presume you're feeling better about the Iggles chances, @TwoMisfits. :)

With Mahomes with a serious ankle sprain, I think even more it's Philly/SF to win this year...

NYG were never any good, so this game wasn't a challenge - SF and Dallas are good, but Dallas chokes...then again, SF does have a rookie as QB, so their choke is possible tomorrow...

In Philly's advantage (b/c I think SF is the better team), they get the home game and fans next week - that can be the deciding factor...

• Like 3

My PiB Saturday, Sunday, and weekend predictions.

Friday: $2.75M (+183%)

Saturday: $5.363M (+95%)

Sunday: $3.486M (-35%)

Weekend total: $11.6M (-19.8%)

Domestic total: $126.56M (-6.5% PiB 1, +10.6% TGS, -1.5% Sing 2, -14.3% IntoSpider-verse)

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 2

Yeah the upredictibility for A2 is gone now so it's not too fun to follow.

#3 Worldwide

#5-8 Domestic

I suppose it could fall off a cliff domestically when Ant-man comes out due to the PLF's getting taking away, apart from that nothing interesting will happen.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

Next weekend will be worse, I can’t imagine Fear will do much (is it still getting a wide release) Infinity Pool I doubt will do much either. Is Distant still coming out next week? IMDb don’t even have a poster up for it.

200.gif

29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah the upredictibility for A2 is gone now so it's not too fun to follow.

#3 Worldwide

#5-8 Domestic

I suppose it could fall off a cliff domestically when Ant-man comes out due to the PLF's getting taking away, apart from that nothing interesting will happen.

I feel like it will be fine even when Ant-Man takes the PLF´s. 

• Like 1

The first weekend of Febuary will be interesting, isn't The Chosen and the BTS thing both on that weekend? It was only for a day last year but I think it'll be shown the entire 3 days this time. I don't think it's safe to say that Knock on the Cabin will have the number 1 that weekend for sure.

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

We're still on page 14. 😅 Anyway, if AVATAR: TWOW wins next weekend, that will tie the original for having seven consecutive weekends at number one. Is $12M - $13M enough to do it?

Puss will be in 2nd so 😛 

• Haha 1