GOGODanca

2/10 - 2/12 weekend thread

28 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I feel like Missing will lose too many theaters. Cabin probably wins by a million or two, but it will barely scrape past 30.

It'll be interesting to see what the theatre counts are next week. As it is currently, the per theatre average isn't that far off, but Missing has had a long run for the type of film it is.

Still, I'm hoping Missing can make this competitive. I think both films will become an afterthought by the time Scream comes out, so there's only so much time for Cabin to catch up.

Is KNOCK AT THE CABIN bad? I'm planning to see it later, but there seems no enthusiam from people to see it. It's also difficult to find a cinema playing it where I'm from. I have to travel an hour just to see it. I just don't want to be disappointed. 😐

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Is KNOCK AT THE CABIN bad? I'm planning to see it later, but there seems no enthusiam from people to see it. It's also difficult to find a cinema playing it where I'm from. I have to travel an hour just to see it. I just don't want to be disappointed. 😐

No not at all. I enjoyed it. Solid 8/10. It is an M Night movie so it has its quirks but its one of his more solid films.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Per Deadline...Not so, there’s a real business decision by Warner Bros here to monetize off an ancillary rate card by going theatrical. And they just need to hit breakeven (that’s a whole other discussion with Magic Mike’s Last Dance costing in the high $40M range before P&A, with a marketing spend well north of $20M (including digital), but less than the $30M+ promo spend for Channing Tatum’s Dog

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

It's mid Shyamalan. Starts strong but can't quite grasp its concepts and message leading to a rushed conclusion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Not at all, it's a fairly decent little thriller for the most part IMO. That said, I can also see how it's going to turn off a lot of people (to say anything more would be heading into spoiler territory).

• Like 1

This is a very busy weekend for me. I have to watch Titanic on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not to boost box office but more like to ensure fellows in my social circle who never seen the movie, will see the movie now, especially those born after 2000s. 

• Like 4
  • Heart 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Magic Eric said:

I feel the bigger problem is lack of showtimes and PLFs. Using my local Regal, the Avatar re-release had the red carpet treatment, it was playing 3-4 times a day in all the PLF formats and in a super dead weekend. Titanic's only got the 4DX shows (Avatar still has IMAX, Magic Mike has RPX, BTS has ScreenX), and then the regular 3D version. Not as much money. And while it's on a dead weekend, it's also a weekend where it will sink like a stone on Sunday. I would have probably gone to see Titanic with no hesitation this weekend, but I've got plans all weekend due to the Super Bowl (GO BIRDS). So honestly, this still doing about 65% of Avatar's re-release isn't really all that bad.

As someone from Turkey, I can definitely attest to your words about the limited showtimes. It's only out on one out of four theaters in my province, and that one theater has only 3 showings per day for it. Granted, here there's a far more grim reason for that, and every reason to believe the release was significantly scaled back because of said reason since all the local movies set to open yesterday got shelved.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

i liked it. probably not worth an hour long trip to get to  it though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, M37 said:

Just wait until 2027, when by current schedule configuration, Super Bowl would fall on Sun Feb 14th - aka Valentine’s Day - before Monday President’s Day 2/15

Been looking forward to this for over a year now, nfl better not screw me on it 😡

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Seeing “limited” being thrown around on Twitter do describe 1,500 locations. That’s not limited lol. 

I guess Evil Dead Rise will face the same fate unfortunately.

I mean, the BO technical term “limited” doesn’t apply but plain English “limited” sure does

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

As someone from Turkey, I can definitely attest to your words about the limited showtimes. It's only out on one out of four theaters in my province, and that one theater has only 3 showings per day for it. Granted, here there's a far more grim reason for that, and every reason to believe the release was significantly scaled back because of said reason since all the local movies set to open yesterday got shelved.

Just try your best to stay safe and make sure you tell your loved ones how much you love them. We're all here rooting the best for your health and safety.

• Heart 5

25 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

it’s really good. From beginning to end I was riveted. 

• Like 4

Just now, Krissykins said:

Seeing “limited” being thrown around on Twitter do describe 1,500 locations. That’s not limited lol. 

I guess Evil Dead Rise will face the same fate unfortunately.

I can see them trying harder in promotion with Evil Dead since horror is popular right now and it's unlikely it carries the price tag something like Magic Mike did (due to all the big names involved that likely demanded a ton of money). Also will be the first horror film since Scream, give or take comedy hybrid Renfield the week before.

6 minutes ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

I mean, the BO technical term “limited” doesn’t apply but plain English “limited” sure does

Used in tweets about the box office though. 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can see them trying harder in promotion with Evil Dead since horror is popular right now and it's unlikely it carries the price tag something like Magic Mike did (due to all the big names involved that likely demanded a ton of money). Also will be the first horror film since Scream, give or take comedy hybrid Renfield the week before.

Hopefully! Renfield seems DOA to me, but we’ll see. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Eric said:

Just try your best to stay safe and make sure you tell your loved ones how much you love them. We're all here rooting the best for your health and safety.

Thanks! Thankfully I'm nowhere near the affected area, so I'm safe and sound. This will definitely stick around at the back of my mind for years to come though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

No where near bad. Very good thriller not horror.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

It rocks. The ShyamaGod is on a real hot streak mah bois

• Like 2

What is a solid percent seats sold showing nowadays? I remember pre-pandemic sell out were pretty common but now I'm seeing theaters in my area with average percent seats sold around 15%-20% per showing. Is that pretty much the standard with anything over 50% great?