kayumanggi

Weekend Thread (02.24 - 02.26) | Actuals: 31.96M QUANTUMANIA | 23.26M COCAINE BEAR | 15.80M JESUS REVOLUTION

$40M for Ant-Man 3 sounds borderline delusional with its weekdays in mind. It's honestly a shame it's being beaten down BvS-style because I saw it and really liked it. It's definitely a big step up from their 2022 slate, but I suppose something had to be the franchise fatigue punching bag. I really hope it picks up a cult following in the next few years.

On a more positive note, $2M is a very good preview haul for Cocaine Bear. It should reach the upper teens for the weekend with ease, which is honesty the domestic total I expected from it. Maybe Barbie has a shot after all.

Deadline:

The $30M-budgeted movie, in a weekend that will easily be dominated by Disney/Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania with an estimated $40M (-62%), is set to do in the high teens pulling in guys (62% last night) and the 18-34 crowd (who showed up at 72%) at 3,534 theaters.

Any overindexing will be a surprise. The pic already has alright exits with 82% from Rotten Tomatoes’ audiences and 4 stars on ComScore and Screen Engine’s PostTrak and 72% fresh from critics. Uni/Blumhouse’s winter horror hit M3GAN was 94% certified fresh from Rotten Tomatoes critics, 78% with the aggregator site’s audiences, a B CinemaScore and 3 1/2 stars on PostTrak. Last night’s ticket sales are higher than the $1.1M previews of Universal’s Violent Night (which opened to $13.4M and legged out to $49.8M stateside) and they’re just under M3GAN‘s $2.75M which turned into an $11.7M Friday, $30.4M opening.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/box-office-cocaine-bear-jesus-revolution-ant-man-and-the-wasp-1235269877/

Deadline, Deadline, Deadline 😂😂😂

While Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania got juice from the Presidents Day Monday with $14.2M, discount Tuesday wasn’t so robust with only $7M this past week. Wednesday was $3.8M, however, yesterday only eased 3% for $3.7M getting the Peyton Reed directed sequel to a first week of $135M at 4,345 theaters.

20th Century Studio/Disney/Lightstorm’s Thursday for Avatar: The Way of Water was around half million, +2% for a tenth week of $9.7M at 2,675 and running total of $660.6M.

Universal/Dreamworks Animation’s Oscar nominated animated feature Puss in Boots: The Last Wish saw an estimated $432K ninth Thursday, +3% and a week of $8.5M for a $169.3M running total.

The second Thursday of Warner Bros.’ Magic Mike’s Last Dance posted $405K, -3% from Wednesday for a second week of $7.6M and running total of $20.2M at 3,034 venues.

38 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Deadline:

The pic already has alright exits with 82% from Rotten Tomatoes’ audiences and 4 stars on ComScore and Screen Engine’s PostTrak and 72% fresh from critics. Uni/Blumhouse’s winter horror hit M3GAN was 94% certified fresh from Rotten Tomatoes critics, 78% with the aggregator site’s audiences, a B CinemaScore and 3 1/2 stars on PostTrak. Last night’s ticket sales are higher than the $1.1M previews of Universal’s Violent Night (which opened to $13.4M and legged out to $49.8M stateside) and they’re just under M3GAN‘s $2.75M which turned into an $11.7M Friday, $30.4M opening.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/box-office-cocaine-bear-jesus-revolution-ant-man-and-the-wasp-1235269877/

Deadline, Deadline, Deadline 😂😂😂

...So between Sat AM and the end of Sunday, AntMan inched up from 3.5/5 to 4/5 stars but presumably didn't hit 80% or above because that's not mentioned here ("dollars are beating audience exits (B CinemaScore here for Ant-Man 3, Comscore/Screen Engine PostTrak still at 3.5 stars and 75%") 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

11 minutes ago, CrashBandicoot81 said:

I knew that Antman's reception was bad I mean when your most diehard fans don't like it is a concern but i didn't think it would be this toxic. 

And they want this Kang Clown to be the Phrase 5-6 villain?

Klawn

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Haha 1