kayumanggi

Weekend Thread (02.24 - 02.26) | Actuals: 31.96M QUANTUMANIA | 23.26M COCAINE BEAR | 15.80M JESUS REVOLUTION

9 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Only a few non-IPs have opened over 18, so that puts Cocaine Bear in fine company post pandemoc

Nope- 44.3m

The Lost City- 30.4m

Megan- 30.4m

Free Guy- 28.3m

Smile- 22.6m

Don't Worry Darling- 19.3m

The Woman King- 19m

(Excludes books ala Black Phone, and biopics ala Elvis etc)

should adaptations of books no ones ever heard of really count as non-ips?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 6

That is an insanely humiliating second weekend drop for Quantumania. I'm honestly shocked it's worse than Batman v Superman, and on the level of Morbius and Dark Phoenix. As I stated before, I really liked it and am disappointed to see it not work with general audiences. But I guess something needed to be the superhero fatigue punching bag sacrifice, and this movie got caught in the crossfire. Hopefully it'll find a cult following in the next few years. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel rush out a surprise casting announcement early next week to combat the bad buzz.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I see some people on Reddit saying Ant Man's performance is no big deal because it is "just an Ant Man movie". Then they shouldn't have spent the same as they did on larger projects and maybe not introduced the next arc villain in this one 

I mean, this is pretty much what I said all along. No one really cares about Kang in the GA before they know who he is. AM not the place for that. 

• Like 1

If CB outgrosses AM3 on Friday, it will be the first time a non-summer film opened above $100M and then fell to #2 on its second Friday. It's happened a few times during the summer where it's far more common for huge films to open on consecutive weekends. It's never happened during the Labor Day to late April timeframe, though.

• Like 2

$7.7m is awful if it sticks. I'm glad the MCU might start getting taken down a peg, but even I don't want a 2nd weekend drop that poor lol. At least March looks promising with plenty of upside for 3-4 fairly big releases. Checking out Cocaine Bear on Sunday, but a B- seems decent for the kind of movie it is, no?

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

I see some people on Reddit saying Ant Man's performance is no big deal because it is "just an Ant Man movie". Then they shouldn't have spent the same as they did on larger projects and maybe not introduced the next arc villain in this one 

true ! marvel overestimated ant man franchise ! and worse they gave a movie most of the ppl and critics didn't like or impressed of ! they r just one justice league away from total collapse ! if guardians 3 and loki 2 is sh1t then goodbye to multiverse saga !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, froztking said:

true ! marvel overestimated ant man franchise ! and worse they gave a movie most of the ppl and critics didn't like or impressed of ! they r just one justice league away from total collapse ! if guardians 3 and loki 2 is sh1t then goodbye to multiverse saga !

Guardians is a dead end, a finale to Gunn’s story and won’t deal with the multiverse nonsense.

• Like 1