kayumanggi

Weekend Thread (02.24 - 02.26) | Actuals: 31.96M QUANTUMANIA | 23.26M COCAINE BEAR | 15.80M JESUS REVOLUTION

3 hours ago, Eric Bear said:

Just got out of Cocaine Bear and one of the most awkward theater experiences I've ever had. A room full of people clearly excited and ready to go, and just pure silence outside of one or two sequences. Secondhand embarrassment type shit.

There's a way better film in there if they didn't behold themselves to the "Based on a True Story" approach. The film was already wildly inaccurate seeing as the bear, you know, died almost immediately ingesting cocaine lol. The screenplay should've went full parody. Like a slap-stick version of Predator with incompetent hunters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

There's a way better film in there if they didn't behold themselves to the "Based on a True Story" approach. The film was already wildly inaccurate seeing as the bear, you know, died almost immediately ingesting cocaine lol. The screenplay should've went full parody. Like a slap-stick version of Predator with incompetent hunters. 

Frankly, they told a crazy, wacky story in the blandest way possible. If it was a traditional horror movie, it could have been fine. If it was a madcap exploitation throwback, it could have been fine. Even if it just had some characters that were interesting and worth caring about, it could have been fine. But it's so lifeless and dull in its direction and all the characters are forgettable that you don't care what happens whenever the bear is not on screen. And the bear's screentime is pretty darn limited. It's annoying to think about what could have been.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Eric Bear said:

Just got out of Cocaine Bear and one of the most awkward theater experiences I've ever had. A room full of people clearly excited and ready to go, and just pure silence outside of one or two sequences. Secondhand embarrassment type shit.

Agree, it was just not good. Sometimes taking itself way too seriously, and then at others trying to be funny but coming off so forced and not subtle. Disappointed in what could have been with this premise 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

It's funny how many records of BvS are being broken by the recent MCU movies.

BvS had the lowest Cinemascore of any MCU or DC movie since 2012, now Eternals and Ant Man 3 matched it.

BvS was the first and only movie to open above 400M WW and not hit 1B, Doctor Strange 2 did that

BvS was the biggest drop for a CBM opening to 100M+, Quantamania going to exceed it

There's only the less than 2x legs thing left, will be clearer next weekend if that will stand

Kand Dynasty to break Justice League's record then? 

Of a team up movie stinking so hard that stinking word in dictionary had to be changed with Justice League.

• Like 1

Saw Cocaine Bear about an hour ago and I'm in the disappointed camp. All the best bits were in the trailer. By the time, Ray Liotta shows back up in the the film I was already bored and checked out.

It probably didnt help we watched Arachnophobia before seeing CB. Arachnophobia is a perfect blend of horror/comedy IMO. 

I thought Cocaine Bear was ok. Had some good moments, definitely an enjoyable watch. It could have been much better though. I would say it's too soft, should have gone all-in with the gore and stuff and I think that's what the audience wanted, so not suprised if it gets somewhat muted reactions.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

ant 3 - comps with yesterday 14.45 and comps with last saturday 13.95. 

bvs is gonna keep its record isnt it? sad!

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

55 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

bvs is gonna keep its record isnt it? sad!

Think BVS (-69.1%) will still edge it out.

Dropping like Deadpool will get it to 32.4m of a 14.5m sat (-69.4%)

70% drop looks like it may not happen though 

Edited by Liiviig 1998

3 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Think BVS (-69.1%) will still edge it out.

Dropping like Deadpool will get it to 32.4m of a 14.5m sat (-69.2%)

70% drop looks like it may not happen though 

32,812,799 our magic number

might come down to actuals, but I worry keysersoze's chain is under indexing a tiny bit 

10 hours ago, John Marston said:

I don’t think WF should be put as a massive success. A success definitely but it still had a massive drop from the first on a bigger budget. 

Of course WF is a massive success. Any other franchise in the same situation would not even be questioned.

For context, supposing a Superman film made 1.3B and then the actor playing Superman tragically passed away, leading to Supergirl to replace him in the sequel, supported by Lois Lane and Martha Kent. If that sequel still managed 860M WW and Martha became an awards-worthy performance then ofc it would be considered a huge success. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Of course WF is a massive success. Any other franchise in the same situation would not even be questioned.

For context, supposing a Superman film made 1.3B and then the actor playing Superman tragically passed away, leading to Supergirl to replace him in the sequel, supported by Lois Lane and Martha Kent. If that sequel still managed 860M WW and Martha became an awards-worthy performance then ofc it would be considered a huge success. 

Dropping 500m on a higher budget isn’t massively successful to me. Just successful. Not to mention it still had the intrigue of how they were going to handle Chadwick’s death. But let’s agree to disagree 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3