CJohn

Friday Numbers (THG: 6.5M; T3S: 5.6M; CitW: 5.5M)

As much as I would love that, I think they are extrapolated the rest of the day based on the matinee numbers.Unless I am way wrong, which I can be.

Yeah if its at 6.5m now then it would end up with with 10-11m at least which isn't happening. That's definitely a number extrapolated.

This pisses me off. Not that they made a Three Stooges Movie, but the fact that it will win the weekend over The Hunger Games. The previews just looked aweful and I felt that they tried to put on a modern aspect of what was original 30s comedy that made the originals so great. If they would've made it in black-and-white, it might have been more attractive to me.But... its only 5p.m. on Friday, a lot can change and I have no doubt it will.

As much as I would love that, I think they are extrapolated the rest of the day based on the matinee numbers.Unless I am way wrong, which I can be.

My reading comprehension = fail, I guess. Haha. Still a great number that could very well go up.

This pisses me off. Not that they made a Three Stooges Movie, but the fact that it will win the weekend over The Hunger Games. The previews just looked aweful and I felt that they tried to put on a modern aspect of what was original 30s comedy that made the originals so great. If they would've made it in black-and-white, it might have been more attractive to me.But... its only 5p.m. on Friday, a lot can change and I have no doubt it will.

I still think THG will win the weekend.

Three Stooges had favorable reviews from critics I like so I'm glad it's not as bad as the trailer suggests plus it has a lot of actors I like in it so I'm rooting for it to do well in the box office. April is a dry month for releases so I would welcome any breakout hit to keep 2012's momentum going

Edited by forg

Why do you keep bringing up Home Alone Impact? I'm pretty damn sure HA still holds up now unlike Cats & Dogs and its ilk.I can't really say TTS is that bad since reviews say otherwise but I'm not interested in its kind of humour at all. To me, it's stupid humour. I'd rather witty humour did well. But, hey, we all live in this world.

The Three Stooges is less likely to alienate adults compared to movies like Alvin & The Chipmunks, The Smurfs, Yogi Bear, etc, but it's not really likely to appeal to them, so its breakout is kind of baffling. The 2012-Helps-Everything argument strikes again.