interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Seriously... those Shazam numbers are just depressing. 

Think about some of the failed franchise reboots (Indepence Day Resurgence) or movies that have killed existing franchises with poor performance (Allegiant), and look at what they grossed, and realize how much better those performed compared to Shazam. 

• Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

D&D would have to have a REALLY sucky run to underperform Shazam at this point.

I remember when Legend of Tarzan released and people called it an underperformer. Tarzan's US gross will probably double Shazam 2.

LEGEND OF TARZAN had an insane $180m budget. If it had cost $100m it would be a different story.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

LEGEND OF TARZAN had an insane $180m budget. If it had cost $100m it would be a different story.

I think the complaints were at least partly about the grosses as well though. Tarzan felt like it probably could have opened higher if marketed right. Shazam was "lol" once audiences realized Snyderverse was fucked.

1 minute ago, belblazer said:

Looks like the video didn't work at all since DA is moving forward with the charges.

Is it possible that the defense attorney for a high-profile celebrity client hyped up evidence in order to take back control of the news cycle? Couldn't be, could it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rageofthegods said:

Is it possible that the defense attorney for a high-profile celebrity client hyped up evidence in order to take back control of the news cycle? Couldn't be, could it?

The lawyer was trying to win the case with the public opinion, something very common used in favor of abusive men that is happening since Depp x Heard trial.

• Like 7
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, belblazer said:

The lawyer was trying to win the case with the public opinion, something very common used in favor of abusive men that is happening since Depp x Heard trial.

Because of course Majors has been in the public eye as long as Depp has.

Disney hasn't even rehired Depp after he was "cleared". Majors is absolutely fucked in a long trial.

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

D&D with shockingly great reviews ahead of Mario, MCU and DCEU crumbling. The passing of the torch really is upon us. 

International needs to come in big for DnD. How's China looking? Double digit opening there or is it gonna continue the trend of disappointing openings in China post-Covid?

Edited by Pinacolada

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

Looks like the video didn't work at all since DA is moving forward with the charges.

Old news. He was charged 2 days ago, his lawyer's statement is that they have video and other evidence and hence all charges should be dropped. The police would be probing the matter at present. I have already posted that article.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 11:33 AM, grey ghost said:

I wonder if the taxi video will be made public.

Does anyone know why video evidence is sometimes released publicly and sometimes it's not?

It is usually up to the legal authoraties   usuallly D.A's or Judges....to make the decsion; there is no hard and fast rule.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, belblazer said:

Did you watch the Depp/Heard trial?, because i'm honestly blown away that you would side with Heard if you did.

• Like 7

Don't expect Disney to make any comments on the Majors situation. They will do what Warners is doing with the Ezra Miller situation: say nothing. And in both cases being done on the advice of their legal department that being seen as trying to interefere with the criminal justice system is a really, really, bad idea. Backlash would be horrendous.

Just now, stuart360 said:

Did you watch the Depp/Heard trial?, because i'm honestly blown away that you would side with Heard if you did.

I am of the "A plague on both their houses" school and anyway I found the Depp Fanboys creating a electroinic Lynch Mob over Heard to be disgusting.

• Like 1