Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 03/31-04/02 | #FRI - D&D $15.3M, JW4 $7.9M, HOS - $2.1M, Scream VI $1.55M, Creed III $1.4M, Shazam $1.2M &1001 $700K

14 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Yes I was just thinking this the other day. I believe the only other ones to pull that off so far are toms cruise and hanks and willem dafoe. harrison ford will best them when Indy 5 comes out with $100mil grossers every decade going back to the 70s and i don't even think there's another actor who's eligible to match that.

Edit: Michael Douglas since the 80s as well. 

If Dustin Hoffman has one more $100m grosser (Megalopolis? another Kung Fu Panda?) he'll have had them every decade going back to the '60s and The Graduate.

THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE is basically the last big movie before the summer season begins. The March movies can co-exist with it especially in an almost barren April. Mario will dominate during its opening weekend, but I hope after that the holdovers could rebound.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

38.5 is good considering people were saying it would struggle to hit 35 mil.  

Biggest problem now IMO is the massive attention Mario will get but could still do a good, leggy run similar to Jumanji.

Mario is a family movie. While it's a direct comeptition to D&D, D&D could get spillovers from sold out Mario shows. We'll see. Those things can go either way, hard hit or co-existance thanks to spillovers. 

@Maggie 40M could be in play with actuals if the weekedn was under-estimated. Remember that the studio was bullish on 40M.

Edited by Valonqar

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Mario is a family movie. While it's a direct comeptition to D&D, D&D could get spillovers from sold out Mario shows. We'll see. Those things can go either way, hard hit or co-existance thanks to spillovers. 

@Maggie 40M could be in play with actuals if the weekedn was under-estimated. Remember that the studio was bullish on 40M.

they are already projecting a 23.7% sunday drop which is very optimistic, 40m would require sub 20 and that isn't happening 

• Like 2

DnD set for a 60% drop against Mario this coming weekend. This needed at least 350M+ WW for Paramount to even think about a sequel. Right now I would say even 300M won't happen. Likely a 275M WW total or something like that. 151M budget. Its a BOMB.