Eric Lasagna

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

35 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It'll win by being the only movie this year to have any realistic chances at $1B worldwide. The rest of the slate for the year is either capped by a ceiling way below that mark, or dealing with genre fatigue. A clear runway for Mario to be the biggest and only billion dollar movie of the whole year. And it'll manage to do it with lukewarm reviews. Imagine what it would've done with Spider-Verse/Puss 2-level critical hype.

lol “lukewarm reviews”. from critics, who cares. read the rotten tomatoes verified. families, kids, fans love it

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Likely some level of frontloadedness here but yeah, don't see it missing $120M for the 5-day. Illumination wins again!

this is definitely not front loaded. it’s a family film. kids will see it this weekend. it’s going to grow exponentially when all the headlines are “mario mario mario mario mario”

3 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Probably an A. Although the RT rotten is still at 96% so there is a very very slim chance it could pull an A+ still imo. 

Has any movie with a 96 audience score ever gotten an A+. Most films with A+ cinamascore have 98 to 99 score. My guess is that Air will have a close chance  

I think Fast X is gonna drop mostly because of China but mostly flat from F9 otherwise. Not going to say that's good but y'know, when a movie in the Fast franchise is bad, the fanbase/audience kind of half expects it. We (myself included) are too far gone, I'm in this till the end.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

33.5 for an animated OD on a random April Wed where very few kids are still on SB, A CS… yeah this is going to be an absolute monster at the box office. Really failing to see anything else standing a good chance to beat it this year. 

Will we really ignore THE MEG 2 in such a disrespectfull way??

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 1