Eric is Anxious

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

9 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

If you're an adult and are looking for a good movie to watch while the kiddos watch Mario, might I recommend Showing Up?

thought that had already released a year ago

I’m new here but I’ve been checking showings for Mario in my area (NH) and almost every showing is completely sold out that was NOT the case yesterday or Wednesday and looking at other places around the country like the Portland Oregon Metro it’s very clear to me this movie is VERY walk up heavy. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not liking this under 59 talk... Could be crumbling before it even gets started. Do people still post crumbling jokingly around here?

Sadly not enough of the OGs left to remember that :lol:

For context for our newer members, there was a Marvel fan who was very upset that JW was out grossing AoU in the summer of 2015, and they would come up with the most deadline-y-est of deadline maths to PROVE unequivocally that JW was going under AoU. Their evidence?

”Jurassic World is crumbling.”

• Heart 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

For context for our newer members, there was a Marvel fan who was very upset that JW was out grossing AoU in the summer of 2015, and they would come up with the most deadline-y-est of deadline maths to PROVE unequivocally that JW was going under AoU. Their evidence?

Yes... Good explanation of the its origins. 

Does Tele still pop in to say hello every now and then?

I got tied up during the winter months so kinda disappeared for a bit but with Mario blowing up I had to jump back on to see the latest and get those early updates. 

There were some supreme meltdowns when JW not only grossed more than AoU but edged out Avengers for the OW DOM record. Good times... Those weekend threads had so many pages of madness.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flip said:

5 day vs 3 day tho

It was a 5-day global rollout as most movies are these days with some OS markets starting on the Wedsneday. The big difference is that Mario had way more markets from the first day. But does that get taken accounted for in terms who "officially" gets the record?

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

hehe I remember that one.

I've been popping in ever since Hunger Games, though I don't think I post enough for anyone to know who I am lol

• Like 1

Saw Air this afternoon (in a mostly full decent-sized auditorium FWIW) and the theater was absolutely slammed for Mario. Crazy to think this might have a chance at #1 of 2023 now, depending on how the rest of the year turns out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yes... Good explanation of the its origins. 

Does Tele still pop in to say hello every now and then?

I got tied up during the winter months so kinda disappeared for a bit but with Mario blowing up I had to jump back on to see the latest and get those early updates. 

There were some supreme meltdowns when JW not only grossed more than AoU but edged out Avengers for the OW DOM record. Good times... Those weekend threads had so many pages of madness.

I don’t see him on here, just in the Telegram chat.

57 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Every time I go to my nearest AMC theater I think back to the one poster that would give or reference parking lot reports to determine how big the OW weekend was going to be for a movie.

Lmao was that BKB?

• Like 2