Eric S'ennui

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

17 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I… sheesh. What? Such idiocy. 

I have seen some... very virulent anti-strike talk in the comment sections on a couple of Variety pieces from alleged IATSE members, but I presumed most of it was bored trolls/AMPTP backers trying to sow discord. And indeed the vast vast vast majority almost certainly was.  But maybe this guy or someone like him has been venting on the Trades and went further off the deep end.

Edited by Porthos

24 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have seen some... very virulent anti-strike talk in the comment sections on a couple of Variety pieces from alleged IATSE members, but I presumed most of it was bored trolls/AMPTP backers trying to sow discord. And indeed the vast vast vast majority almost certainly was.  But maybe this guy or someone like him has been venting on the Trades and went further off the deep end.

Obviously I think anti-strike talk is way misguided, but even putting that aside, the dude went after a Local that isn’t remotely connected to the whole thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Going through the comments on deadline rn is interesting to say the least

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i truly think if studios agree to 75% of what wga wants in streaming residuals , the strike would be over , the unions gave them free money for a decade+

Not going to happen, I don't think. The studios do not want any transparency about viewing figures, which would naturally have to exist for writers and actors to get fair residual payments.

2 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

Not going to happen, I don't think. The studios do not want any transparency about viewing figures, which would naturally have to exist for writers and actors to get fair residual payments.

AMPTP last offer mentioned they will reveal the numbers to the writers (although it wouldn't influence the residuals payment).

19 minutes ago, Kon said:

AMPTP last offer mentioned they will reveal the numbers to the writers (although it wouldn't influence the residuals payment).

Just to a panel of 6 WGA members that were forbidden to share that knowledge with anybody else. It was a bizarre proposal.

Edited by Celedhring

10 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Just to a panel of 6 WGA members that were forbidden to share that knowledge with anybody else. It was a bizarre proposal.

This is the kind of crap that makes you feel like they are just taking the piss 

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

They definitely want it to be over. They just want it to end in a way that they won’t lose anything. 

Which means it could be awhile because they think they can still divide and break the unions to take a turd of a deal  and the unions are not going for that at least for now.