Eric is Quiet

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

Bill Maher has been a bitter old man spouting deliberately contrarian opinions just for attention (see: his Barbie take) for a while. Best to not to give him what he seeks as he clings to relevancy.

Oh yeah, and Sean Penn will say anything if it makes himself the story even when promoting a noble cause, but what else is new?

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Reddroast said:

I mean by the time the WGA would vote on this it would be past October 1st

In 2008 they passed a motion to end the strike very quickly after a tentative deal was reached. Then approving the actual deal took longer. But the strike itself was called off 3 days after the tentative deal.

But there's no way we are getting a deal in the next two weeks.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 4

Update: Bill Maher is trash. 
His tweet about this was completely on brand. He’s serving money and ego, but he still has the gall to suggest he’s doing it for other lower-paid workers. 
Bill Maher: Scab

Bill Maher: Scab Supporter

Bill Maher: Scab Enthusiast

Bill Maher: Scab Faciitator

Bill Maher: The Best Liberal Ever who is also a Scab and Wants People Concerned about Bigotry to Shut Up Because LET ME SMOKE MY CIGARS

9 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Cool. Go broke or pay your fucking writers and actors fairly. You might lose a useless executive or two for streaming lies. Little Cornelius and Ambrosia can always do their vacation to the Bahamas next year, or buy another yacht next year.

• Like 5

I mean I do because I know nothing will happen to the executives, the writers and actors will get their shows cancelled and get fired, and 100s of working class office workers will get fired to make up the shortfall.

We all want the strikes to end and for the writers and actors to get what they want  but to cheer them losing money seems pretty stupid and shortsighted as it's the blue collar workers who will suffer for the executives choices.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Terrific said:

Bill Maher: The Best Liberal Ever who is also a Scab and Wants People Concerned about Bigotry to Shut Up Because LET ME SMOKE MY CIGARS

┳┻| 
┳┻| 
┻┳|
┻┳| 
┳┻| 
┳┻| 
┻┳| 
┻┳| 
┳┻| 
┳┻| 
┻┳| 
┳┻| 
┻┳| 
┳┻| _ 
┻┳| •.•)    Bill Maher is not a liberal 
┳┻|⊂ノ       and never has been one.
┻┳|

• Like 6

I say the above as a person who has watched his career ever since his Politically Incorrect days back in the 90s.

Dude is closer to being a left libertarian than either a liberal or a leftist.  Even "left libertarian" doesn't fit all that well but neither does libertarian under its current meaning.

"Contrarian asshole" also works just as well, but even there, there is a fairly consistent ideology from Maher the last 30 years.  It's just he's been bashing the GOP for so long and so much people just presumed he was a liberal, again if an asshole and...

Well, no. Not really.

• Like 2

I like Bill Maher(not perfect, but who is in media) and he's the only late/political talk show left I watch because it doesn't just feel like a bunch of tightly controlled superfluous bullshit.  Colbert in a lot of ways has become what he used to parody/make fun of.   That state-corporate media complex money is helluva drug.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2