Eric S'ennui

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Being too negative is one thing but some people on here with others take that to another level. It doesn't hurt to have happy thoughts once in a while. 

Ok, I need to say it: You're not helping. I know personally I don't appreciate simply being told to "be happy" or '"take a chill pill" if I'm not feeling happy. Everyone's feelings are valid, and I think the best way to approach harmony on this issue is to simply remind everyone what we actually know and don't know about the inner workings of the negotiation process. And it did seem like he was responding to that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

T-9 days until 11/9

We are down to single digits days until the first The Marvels wide showings now

Oh I think we're well past the point where the strike ending could pull up tracking enough with a push. I think even Hunger Games might be too late. Marvel bet the strike would end earlier than it did and it didn't.

As for the strike itself...saying they're further apart could be a bit of posturing? But I don't think it's just letting the ink dry. We'll know more for sure tonight.

23 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh I think we're well past the point where the strike ending could pull up tracking enough with a push. I think even Hunger Games might be too late. Marvel bet the strike would end earlier than it did and it didn't.

As for the strike itself...saying they're further apart could be a bit of posturing? But I don't think it's just letting the ink dry. We'll know more for sure tonight.

Hunger Games is ok because they have the exception and cast(especially Zegler) are promoting it in their social media. I am sure we will start seeing them in late night talk show circuit as well either next week or during release week. Plus there will be a premier for sure. 

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Hunger Games is ok because they have the exception and cast(especially Zegler) are promoting it in their social media. I am sure we will start seeing them in late night talk show circuit as well either next week or during release week. Plus there will be a premier for sure. 

Oh I think it'll help, it's just I think too short notice to move the needle a ton. The Hunger Game movies have all been good so that'll help too but I think they needed more time to set everything up.

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Should we believe him?

Unless his source is from the SAG side of things, no.

And even if it is from the SAG side of things, still no.  Because things can fall apart.

To quote a great philosopher, "It ain't over 'till it's over."

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3