Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Friday #s: Mario 14.1, Evil Dead 10.3, Covenant 2.25, John Wick 1.6, Air 1.4

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think I am mostly wrong on this one 🙂 To me its defying gravity. Ratios seen are hitherto unseen. 

That said Its too early for me to chime in even if I can. Let us see where things are later this evening. You never say not possible for this one for sure. 

So 20M huh. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

If the 13.5 for Mario holds, it would speak to Jungle Book being a solid comp (if my memory serves right.) @M37 would know more since I think he is the one who has spoken of it. 

That said, it's early so I expect it to go up a little at least. 

2 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

I haven't personally heard it's a disaster but dueling edits is possible, I know it's tested a bunch of times and is going again on Monday in Orange.

Are you sure it's Transformers? I have tickets to that.. Might try going.

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

If the 13.5 for Mario holds, it would speak to Jungle Book being a solid comp (if my memory serves right.) @M37 would know more since I think he is the one who has spoken of it. 

That said, it's early so I expect it to go up a little at least. 

Last Fri was a bit inflated due to being the end of the post-Easter Spring Break/vacation week. Sat increases should be higher than last weekend across the board (and therefore w/w holds better than Fri), so I expect pretty much all the holdovers to come up vs the early Deadline numbers (who don’t appear to be making much of an adjustment for that effect) even if Fri estimates hold

• Like 2

Going to be a solid weekend overall thanks to Mario and Evil Dead alone despite everything else falling way behind if those Deadline numbers hold (The Covenant and Chevalier are nonstarters as expected, Beau Is Afraid is seeing a good expansion that's probably frontloaded but will likely flatline in the weeks ahead given its divisive nature).

13 minutes ago, Eric Williams said:

Comes to my theater this weekend. This is very, very effective advertising lol

the movie is potentially dangerous , it treats domestic terrorists as heroes , same reason some people thought Joker was dangerous , it won't matter as hardly anyone will see the film, i liked the film, but could see how it may inspire some

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

the movie is potentially dangerous , it treats domestic terrorists as heroes , same reason some people thought Joker was dangerous , it won't matter as hardly anyone will see the film, i liked the film, but could see how it may inspire some

Captain America and the Winter Solider moment

30 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Pretty sure, was told by someone at Screen Engine (Preview Free Movies).

I had it down to between Transformers, the Transformers animated movie releasing next year, and Godzilla x Kong. It was clear it was a "monster" movie.

5 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Loving the excitement and debate around the summer that’s almost here. 

This feels like the first proper summer in four years. Can’t wait. 

It’s actually one of the most interesting summers of the 21st century from someone who has followed them all at the box office since 2001. Even taking covid out, it would still be one of the most interesting bc it’s very packed with a lot of “maybe could be huge, maybe could disappoint” stuff. 

• Like 1

Evil Dead was a fantastic experience. Try to see it with a full house. People were yelling and screaming. The best type of theater experience with a rowdy crowd. Film is not a masterpiece, but it is definitely one of the better horror films put out in recent years. A must for anyone who likes the Evil Dead vibe, as much comedy as horror and buckets of gore. 

• Like 1