charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (8-11 May, 2023) Thread.

16 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Feel like Monday number was strong, but otherwise it’s been kinda average this week? Idk, really can’t see sub 50% this weekend. 55% would already be fantastic for a movie like this. 

The WED number is very strong 

Even if it follows MOM pattern which have a pretty bad WOM, this WED would still translate to 59% drop. 

If it follows GOTG2 that have similar WOM and Guardians 3 run so far are close to it, WED number would lead to 48% drop

55% is realistic but 50% is very much in play

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Feel like Monday number was strong, but otherwise it’s been kinda average this week? Idk, really can’t see sub 50% this weekend. 55% would already be fantastic for a movie like this

That would mean 53.3M, which is great and puts Vol3 over 205M 10 days.

Anyways, I wouldnt say the numbers have been average. They have been slightly better than Vol2 after a strong Sunday.

• Like 1

https://www.the-numbers.com/news/254140830-Weekend-predictions-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-headed-for-110-million-weekend

Anyone have any thoughts on how the numbers basically thinks GotG3 did as good as GotG2 when accounting for generalized state of moviegoing (how film's raw box office grosses have been comparing relative to his comps)?

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

Anyone think Zelda will take box office dollars away this weekend? This is THE media event of the year (yes even including movies). Entirely possible plenty of people will be too preoccupied with it for movies this weekend. Makes me want to rethink my great Mario hold prediction as well actually… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Anyone think Zelda will take box office dollars away this weekend? This is THE media event of the year (yes even including movies). Entirely possible plenty of people will be too preoccupied with it for movies this weekend. Makes me want to rethink my great Mario hold prediction as well actually… 

Is that the game coming out?  My oldest told me today that she and her sister were gonna pool together money and buy a game this weekend (to be played after finals end), but she didn't tell me what it was...

So, now, I know...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Is that the game coming out?  My oldest told me today that she and her sister were gonna pool together money and buy a game this weekend (to be played after finals end), but she didn't tell me what it was...

So, now, I know...

Yeah, its a sequel to the game widely regarded as the best game of all time, 6 years in the making, Switch has an install base now of over 120 million players, has already broken tons of website traffic records on all the large game sites, getting incredible reviews, etc.

I would expect something like 15 million copies to be sold this weekend. Which in movie talk, would be like a $200m+ opening weekend, 

• Like 5

Zelda's gonna be absolutely massive, yeah. Dunno how much of an effect it'll have on the BO tho. Do agree with it being the biggest media event of the year, outside of Spider-Man 2 or a movie massively blowing up

Another decent weekday number for GOTG. Smaller drop than RAGNAROK, shaved off nearly 1m from the deficit. Will be interesting to see if it can maintain this pace, THOR had very good Thursday (+14%) and Friday (+161%) jumps.

MCU THREEQUEL SHOWDOWN  - GOTG  VS THOR: RAGNAROK

DAY 6: (WEDNESDAY) GOTG 3 7.1m

DAY 6: (WEDNESDAY) THOR: RAGNAROK 6.148m

DAILY GAIN: GOTG 3 +0.952m

CUME: GOTG 3 145.521m  VS  THOR 147.965m

TARGET: MINUS 2.444m

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

No. It’s big in its own niche, but as someone who doesn’t play video games personally but am otherwise very up-to-date with pop culture and media (I also teach at a high school lol) and this is the first I’m hearing of it.

• Like 3