ThomasNicole

Weekdays Thread (5/15-18) | Guardians $5.18M Monday

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If what I am told is true quality wise, Flash could end below 2x multi

Expectations are high. If it doesn't deliver the goods, i can see a very bad multiplier. But so many people vouch for it. Who to believe

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

But the movie you thought was just fine, overrated or meh, from Bohemian rhapsody, Joker, TGM, to EEAAO and A2 all end up having great legs. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I have seen reviewers from Taiwan talk about the movie from early screening there; and these are very reputable reviewers who have many times whacked movies for being bad.. Well; they all consistenly said this is one of the best superhero movies ever.

So let's see how this ends up.

• Like 1

Just now, TigerPaw said:

I have seen reviewers from Taiwan talk about the movie from early screening there; and these are very reputable reviewers who have many times whacked movies for being bad.. Well; they all consistenly said this is one of the best superhero movies ever.

So let's see how this ends up.

Although DOM and Taiwanese viewers have different desires in their supers movies, so you could have DOM early viewers thinking it's gonna bomb and Taiwanese early viewers thinking it's gonna be a hit and both could be right...

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Although DOM and Taiwanese viewers have different desires in their supers movies, so you could have DOM early viewers thinking it's gonna bomb and Taiwanese early viewers thinking it's gonna be a hit and both could be right...

TBH i have seen more DOM viewers / leaks saying it is great than anyone else. The Taiwan point was a reference because there was early screening last week; and these appeared on my feed as the first nom-DOM reactions from people who are genuinely non-CBM fans.

Charlie's opinions dont matter. This movie will be seen by 1000s and we already know the entire script. I think it will be well received overall. Andy Muschietti are good directors. They have made a coherent movie which was lacking in DC verse for a long time. Plus Flashpoint is one of the popular comics to remake. I am confident its among the favorites to win this summer domestic. I give Spiderverse a slight edge as its opening before that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Charlie's opinions dont matter. This movie will be seen by 1000s and we already know the entire script. I think it will be well received overall. Andy Muschietti are good directors. They have made a coherent movie which was lacking in DC verse for a long time. Plus Flashpoint is one of the popular comics to remake. I am confident its among the favorites to win this summer domestic. I give Spiderverse a slight edge as its opening before that. 

WB isn't stupid, so many pre-screenings, sneaks across festivals, geographies to build WoM. They wouldnt have such strategy if it was a stinker (like Shazam 2).

That said this summer is such a cluster***, legs wont be easy for any movie. Even Guardians will start seeing the pinch. It wont hold that well post Memorial weekend since we have a more than 1 wide opener almost every weekend taking away screens. Every Summer movie will feel the pinch for sure unless something can pull in a Maverick. 

38 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I  want to to trust you, but seems like your taste of movies isn’t the best…

2 minutes ago, Claudio said:

to clarify, I haven’t seen Flash, someone else has watched it. just telling what they told me.

gotg 3 sucks. I will happily swap Gotg 3 reception with DSitMoM glad atleast public liked it.

4 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Not sure about the taste, but certainly a failure to understand what general public or silent majority like. Not sure how many BO surprise hit he will lose if he is the studio head.