Inceptionzq

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

13 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Anyway, Daniel Pemberton’s score slaps so hard. It’s a breathtaking score, on its own and within the film. All-timer. The music of the first film didn’t stick with me much but the Blade Runner vibes that accompany Miguel and The Spot, with Gwen’s punk-rock mixed in, it deserves year-end nominations.

Yes. This. I've listened to it a lot since I caught AtSV Thursday. It's second only to the animation as to what I loved about AtSV. It's perfectly married to the animation/tone and, honestly, it's so good that it elevates the movie. To the point that I wish it was more of the movie and the needle drops were less. Maybe even a lot less. 

20 hours ago, Morieris said:

Look I know what it is, but the twist at the end made me think "Ok, maybe this is too comic-booky for me."

I'll watch the finale of course but still.

The several different versions of Peter were believable but not one alternate Miles?

The movie is a slower burn than the first but it still definitely cooks.

I think it defintely resembles Empire Strikes Back. The dark cliffhanger, new iconic characters, slower development, quality that matches the original, a hero preparing to battle his dark side, the setting up the rescue mission, etc. Either way this movie has it own identity.

I disagree with the idea that this movie is empty beyond it's visuals. As a parent so much of this movie struck a cord with me. Themes like what happens to kids when they lack guidence, letting your kids grow, your kids finding their tribe, how losing a parent is an essential and inescapable part of life, how we need to accept our children (Gwen). This is a movie I would love to pass down to my kids so they can reflect on when I'm gone. 

This and the masterfully done multiverse concept are anything but simplistic.

Lastly I loved the ending. The hopelessness shadow of the evil Miles/the Spot/Miguel perfectly contrasts with the bright inspiration of seeing Gwen's new team coming to rescue your boy.

I find myself thinking about the movie from time to time. It's definitely something special. Part 3 is definitely my most anticipated movie for 2024.

They did it.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5

Maybe I missed it but how does Gwen's father get the multiverse device that he gives her at the end? I watched in English and it is not my mother tongue so I missed the dialogue there. Btw, this was phenomenal 

Saw it, generallly loved it. A bit too long..a few seqences coutl has stood a little trimming but all in all the best multiverse mased film I have seen.

And yes, 'The Flash" has one hell of an act to follow after this.

I wonder if the Dr Strange refeerence and couple of other bits sort of hints that the "Beyond" in the sequel means  Feige has given his OK for  other Marvel Charecters not part of the Spidey franchise can be used. Feige really liked the first Spideyverse film, so he might make an exception to his general cold shoulder for SONY Spiderman spinoffs.

On 6/4/2023 at 10:46 AM, Madhuvan said:

I don't understand why people are saying movie didn't have conclusion 

This movie focused as much on Gwen as on Miles and as you can see Gwen got a beautiful conclusion 

Because if left the fate of the film central charecter in limbo?

I htink the Cliffhanger worked well, but this is not a complete story.

On 6/4/2023 at 11:40 AM, eddyxx said:

Any thoughts on a certain group of undesirables  saying the film is implying Gwen Stacy is a trans woman?

None bu wondering is SONY will join DIsney on a certian Florida Polticians Hate List.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I wonder if the Dr Strange refeerence and couple of other bits sort of hints that the "Beyond" in the sequel means  Feige has given his OK for  other Marvel Charecters not part of the Spidey franchise can be used. Feige really liked the first Spideyverse film, so he might make an exception to his general cold shoulder for SONY Spiderman spinoffs.

please no. Keep that shit in house Kev.

On 6/5/2023 at 5:54 AM, OncomingStorm93 said:

Anyway, Daniel Pemberton’s score slaps so hard. It’s a breathtaking score, on its own and within the film. All-timer. The music of the first film didn’t stick with me much but the Blade Runner vibes that accompany Miguel and The Spot, with Gwen’s punk-rock mixed in, it deserves year-end nominations.

I love the subtle differences between the Intro song and Start a Band. Both are very similar but Intro falls apart at the end as Gwen struggles to keep it all together by herself. In Start a Band the drums are in perfect tandem with the rest of the instruments, which represents Gwen finally finding friends she cares about enough to work with as a proper team at the end of the movie when it plays.

• Like 1
  • Heart 3

Saw this again tonight and liked it even more the second time. The cliffhanger ending didn’t bug me as much as the first time either, I think knowing what’s coming actually helps it flow better because it really builds masterfully to that evil Miles reveal. The way they disguise that Gwen is outside the wrong apartment in the wrong universe is reminiscent of the scene in Silence of the Lambs where the FBI go to the wrong house while Clarice is unknowingly knocking on the killer’s door. Loved it.

Saw it on an IMAX screen this time too and it’s just visually astounding.

Just finished my second viewing and yes the actions sequences and animation are still amazing, but my favourite part by far is the one little quiet scene near the end with very little animation at all - Gwen's reconciliation and hug with her father. It's a simply beautiful scene with beautiful music and gorgeous background art that had my eyes watering.

Anyone who doubts that this is Gwen's movie and that there's no conclusion needs to give this a rewatch. She goes through a complete arc. The intro even shows scenes from later on in the movie of her betraying Miles, which is something I didn't pick up before.

Still 10/10

Edited by IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1