kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

32 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

Perhaps if it was surprising then that would have worked but its doing what presales have been showing for last month and before that I was expecting this to do this since first one released, so doesn’t exactly feel all that breakout vibes.

On other hand I am just disappointed by overseas performance so that feels sad + boring = uninteresting 

What is the overseas performance  so far? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

GOTG3 still has a strong chance of beating GOTG2 worldwide. It's run isn't over yet lol.

And an outside shot of its DOM. It just started outpacing GotG2 consistently.

11 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

Clearly, the movie is underperforming because I haven't seen it yet. but fear not Spidy fans as I will watch it tomorrow 

It will also underperform until I see it tonight in 2 hours. Then it will surely surpass Mario's 5-day this weekend.

Edited by Austin
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Austin said:

And an outside shot of its DOM. It just started outpacing GotG2 consistently.

0 shot at DOM it would need like 22% drops from here.    

I can see a path back to 375 but even that would need great late legs.

• Like 2

3 movies over $300 m domestic, possibly all over $350 m domestic is not a bad summer. Or at least 1 over $400 m (ATSV) and the other 2 at least close to $350 m (TLM, GOTG3).

No clue how Flash and Indy will fare.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

0 shot at DOM it would need like 22% drops from here.    

I can see a path back to 375 but even that would need great late legs.

That why I said an outside shot. It's been dropping well so there's still a chance but yeah, not likely at all.

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

And it's no coincidence, IMO, that they have arguably the two deepest rogues galleries in comic lore.

I agree, it's not a coincidence at all. I think it's not even arguable though, they have the best rogues galleries by a landslide IMO.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

On other hand I am just disappointed by overseas performance so that feels sad + boring = uninteresting 

I always thought domestic would be stronger than overseas for this. Maybe it's because sales in Brazil were indicating since the beggining that it was going to increase considerably from ITSV, but not anywhere close to the big live action superhero movies. Mexico will carry the heavy load as it's doing these days.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I follow a brazilian box office account and I’m 90% sure they take infos from here and just spread it without even giving props for BOT or acknowledge this forum

Shawn just said 48.5M and they posted the same thing right after lol

I know exactly what account you are talking about 🤣

• Haha 1

I guess count me in the camp that ATSV’s opening Th/Fri is … just fine? Maybe because tracking has been pointing to such an outcome for weeks, and there was some hope it could blow up even further, and yet just … didn’t

Probably doesn’t help that looking ahead, this is more than likely the last chance for a breakout for the rest of summer (depending on one’s feelings on Barbie and what would qualify as a breakout there)

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, M37 said:

I guess count me in the camp that ATSV’s opening Th/Fri is … just fine? Maybe because tracking has been pointing to such an outcome for weeks, and there was some hope it could blow up even further, and yet just … didn’t

Probably doesn’t help that looking ahead, this is more than likely the last chance for a breakout for the rest of summer (depending on one’s feelings on Barbie and what would qualify as a breakout there)

As much as I think SMB is a pretty great success I think it would be a great shame if no movie this year manages to break 600m DOM, as we've had at least one every year since 2017 not counting lockdown (not to mention 3 movies in the top 10 opening just within a year of each other)

Edited by Cheddar Please
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, M37 said:

yes. Its just ok. Not great. but its having 25% fewer shows than big blockbusters. So I am expecting great holds over the weekend. Saturday/Sunday daytime should be nuts. 

• Like 6