kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

11 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

40m+ including previews . Wtf is this shit . Terrible article . Did they pull this number out of their asses or something.

Deadline is literally running with a $22.65M True Friday...okay then...

I do love when Deadline's gonna Deadline on Friday afternoons...

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

51 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Lame Deadline update

‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Weaving $40M+ Friday With A Shot At $100M Weekend – Updated Box Office

https://deadline.com/2023/06/box-office-spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-1235398807/

Holdovers in the article

TLM 12M/42-44M (-54%)

TBM 4.5M/10M+

GOTG3 3M/10.5M (-49%)

FX 2.4M/8.3M (-64%)

Fantastic for TLM and GOTG3, if these numbers hold! 

• Like 8

That's a great drop for TLM after losing PLFs. Better than the 60-65% drop many were expecting last week. After this weekend I think it can stabilize with nice legs, as nothing is really competing with its core female audience until Barbie. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

That's a great drop for TLM after losing PLFs. Better than the 60-65% drop many were expecting last week. After this weekend I think it can stabilize with nice legs, as nothing is really competing with its core female audience until Barbie. 

Correct, continues to outpace Aladdin.

187.6-189.6M to 185.5M while weekend hold will be very similar weekend drop of 54% for TLM to 53.2% for Aladdin. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Not great esp since this cost twice what Evil Dead Rise did. What does 4.5M give it for the weekend, 12M? 

Disney’s 20th Century Studios’ The Boogeyman is eyeing $4.5M today for a $10M+weekend at 3,205 theaters.

That would be fantastic for Little Mermaid.

Some will be shocked, as there was confidence in 60%+ being almost a certainty on here. 

I did think with PLFs only making up 26% of the opening that it wasn’t really relying on the inflated ticket prices and that might help lessen the blow of losing them to Spider Verse. 

• Like 3

Many people wondered this evening once again how Deadline calculates their Box office predictions. Indeed, they use a special substance in order to give their readers early estimates. This has long been known, but especially to everyone new here, heres an exclusive look at this substance:

Spoiler

Common_alcoholic_beverages.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

Lame Deadline update

‘Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse’ Weaving $40M+ Friday With A Shot At $100M Weekend – Updated Box Office

https://deadline.com/2023/06/box-office-spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-1235398807/

Yup pretty much as I predicted in this thread they'd say...

Also they are saying 40 million for full friday...wut?

57 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Last huge one I remember is Pirates 1 46M OW DOM to Pirates 2 136M OW DOM. Begins to Dark Knight was even bigger I think from OW DOM of the first to the second. 

There was also Twilight (69M) to New Moon (142M). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jedijake said:

For which movie? ACTSV's day 1 or TLM's weekend?

I dont have anything for TLM. Deadline's number seem good to me. Its not predicting anything outrageous anyway. Only thing is I will ignore weekend projections. We are into summer and so sat increase for family movies will be soft relative to what we saw a month ago. 

At least these are lot more reasonable than Deadline number for Spidey. I think Deadline got something wrong. May be they thought 40 instead of 50m and they did their crazy extrapolation for the weekend. Which is weird as normally they are on point for Friday. 

On Shawn's number, I am still hopeful Spidey will go further up. Its still early and walkups look good to me. 

• Like 3

Gotta say, Spider-Man as a pop culture icon or brand name in that sense is just astonishing. Raimis Original Trilogy consisted of mega-hits, Tom Hollands "Home" Trilogy got bigger with every installment with No Way Home as a near 2B grosser and even the Amazing Spidfer-Man trilogy was far from flop-level.

And now even the animated version is breaking out. This character is nothing but a goldmine.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Gotta say, Spider-Man as a pop culture icon or brand name in that sense is just astonishing. Raimis Original Trilogy consisted of mega-hits, Tom Hollands "Home" Trilogy got bigger with every installment with No Way Home as a near 2B grosser and even the Amazing Spidfer-Man trilogy was far from flop-level.

And now even the animated version is breaking out. This character is nothing but a goldmine.

I know that info is not public knowledge, but I would be really interested how much Disney has earned from Spider-Man merch sales comapred to the money Sony made from the movies. I mean the character is insanly popular, so the merhc sales must be amazing(I bet whoever made the deal to give them back hates himself now ^^ )