kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

5 minutes ago, G Doss said:

Why are we acting like The Little Mermaid had a good hold? Finding Nemo, which came out 20 years ago, had a better second weekend even though it opened to about $25 million less. TLM isn't acting like a family film and there are three major releases in the next two weeks. It's about to shed a ton of screens.

Transformers will end its Asia run in a matter of days. Middling US performance and Europe won't get it close to profitability. 

I know I shouldn't engage, but why on earth and all that is holy are you comparing TLM with Finding Nemo?

• Like 7

Just now, G Doss said:

Why are we acting like The Little Mermaid had a good hold? Finding Nemo, which came out 20 years ago, had a better second weekend

If you have to go back 20 years to find a comp that “makes your case”, ignoring the massive increase in previews and OW frontloading in general over that time … then you’re not a serious person, only trolling 

• Like 21

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

What's the Saturday number for AtSV? 40M?

$37.5M+ was last update from Charlie

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I know I shouldn't engage, but why on earth and all that is holy are you comparing TLM with Finding Nemo?

Because it is a family movie with an underwater setting about trying to fit in. It's a better analogue for TLM than Mario Brothers. Oh, Nemo came out the same time of the year as well.

37 minutes ago, M37 said:

If you have to go back 20 years to find a comp that “makes your case”, ignoring the massive increase in previews and OW frontloading in general over that time … then you’re not a serious person, only trolling 

My comp is a family film out on fewer screens and the price of an average ticket was $6. And it still beat TLM in absolute numbers on its second weekend with a drop of under 40% compared to about 58%.

I will ask again, why are we proclaiming TLM to have great legs? What is the justification for that?

2 minutes ago, G Doss said:

Because it is a family movie with an underwater setting about trying to fit in. It's a better analogue for TLM than Mario Brothers. Oh, Nemo came out the same time of the year as well.

I honestly wasn't sure if it was a troll or a serious post, but since you seem to be serious with it, any comp you have from 20 years ago is completely worthless today because audiences behave differently.

• Like 9

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

I don't think "yikes" is the word for a movie that surpassed it's tracking number in twio days lol.  Some of you love being dramatic. 

It's a great number but disappointing given it's animated and a family film. Fan Service Across the Fanverse might be frontloaded as heck with that number.

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's a great number but disappointing given it's animated and a family film. Fan Service Across the Fanverse might be frontloaded as heck with that number.

I doubt it. It might be a bit front loaded for the weekend but I think next weekend's hold will be a good one. This plays well to casuals/families who just want Spider-Man in their life.  

6 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I honestly wasn't sure if it was a troll or a serious post, but since you seem to be serious with it, any comp you have from 20 years ago is completely worthless today because audiences behave differently.

They didn't for Mario in April.

11 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The country just completely ignored it. That 90% drop is insane.

Yeah. The first weekend was already pretty poor in China. Then, it drops 90% for the second weekend.

• Sad 1