Rumpot

Weekdays Thread (6/5-8)

4 hours ago, jedijake said:

TLM is pretty much identical to Aladdin's drop. How does that at all warrant all the doom and gloom? Suddenly because the drop is off by about 0.1-0.2% it is going to miss $300 million? LOL-that's funny stuff!

Forget it Jake, it's the forums 🤣

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, ando said:

TLM- $4.57M identical -66% as Aladdin. Hopefully we will see a similar big boost on Tuesday for $7M+

IF we really want to be technical:

Aladdin dropped 65.78%

TLM dropped 65.56%

So TLM had a better hold😋

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 3

Just now, Bob Train said:

The hate Mena received is just one example of anti-Arab sentiment that plagues Hollywood caused by decades of under-representation.

I'm Arab, that is absolutely not what is happening here.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Wonder Woman - probably not, b/c it only opened to $103M...so Spidey starts $17M higher as a baseline...

exact same release date tho so in terms of percentages/drops it is helpful

23 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The hate Mena received is just one example of anti-Arab sentiment that plagues Hollywood caused by decades of under-representation.

He attacked blacks for over-representation and threw shade at TLM for getting a sequel despite missing a billion unlike Aladdin.

So he's not really getting roasted because he's Arab.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Saw SV in a mostly full Dolby show late last night. I feel like the audience was unanimously enjoying it until the ending when half the theater erupted in anger :hahaha: 

That groan at the ending was the loudest reaction I’ve ever heard in a theater. Then people started clapping though, so I guess they’ll be back for Part 3

3 hours ago, BluKyberCrystal said:

Yeah, Mena had a point about a lack of repersentation. The issue was, he decided to attack black people as a root cause. Which is of course not true and extremely racist.

WTF??? The guy just said that TLM won't make a billion dollars, and he was absolutely right about that. It's Haley's fans who got way too sensitive about it and bullied him to the point he had to shut down his twitter account. These people are just as awful as the racist who attacked Haley.

• Disbelief 1

Moderation: Please drop the Mena Masoud conversation, it's not leading to anything productive and people are just getting upset over it. You can still compare Aladdin and TLM though, but who said what and what is racist and not is pointless. Thanks

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Moderation: Please drop the Mena Masoud conversation, it's not leading to anything productive and people are just getting upset over it. You can still compare Aladdin and TLM though, but who said what and what is racist and not is pointless. Thanks

I think a context needs to be set about why people felt attacked by his comments but dropping out of this convo as requested ✌

5 hours ago, wildphantom said:

FX’s debut on PVOD this Friday is wild. The start of its fourth weekend and you can own it for $25. What happened to the 31 day deal for over $50 million opening? I guess it expired? 

The only guarantee made with cinemas was for 17 days. The 50M+ leading to 30+ days wasn't really something guaranteed, but instead typically a film opening to that amount would leg out better and not be wise to pull from cinemas for PVOD. Obviously something could be said about Fast X quickly losing steam and the need to put on PVOD while fresh in minds.

• Like 1