Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Transformers $25.6M FRI

33 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Thisi s my opinion only but seeming to celebrate a 60 million OW for a 200 million dollar budget movie is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

When I was ecstatic with scream 6 44.45 OW off a 32 million budget  igot a ton of 'what's the big deal? It shoild have done more?' Comments lulz

Yeah, this one is gonna be hard to spin to a win/good result if INT is really not showing up.  The DOM, while better than a tragic number, still won't end up in the good category and posters are saying INT is worse...and it's not like they can knock a $100M off the budget for a sequel since they didn't cast expensively in this one...

It's like we knocked expectations so low, we can feel relief the worst case scenario didn't happen...but it's still not good...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

I didn’t do last weekend

1. Into the Spider Verse

2. Homecoming

3. 2

4. No Way Home

5. 1

6. TASM

7. 3

8. Far From Home

9. Across the Spider Verse 

10. TASM2

Some of them pending rewatch

Here we go:

1. NWH

2. Spider-Man 2

3. Across the Spider-Verse

4. Into the Spider-Verse

5. Spider-Man

6. Far From Home

7. The Amazing Spider-Man

8. Spider-Man 3

9. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

10. Homecoming

AND while I am at it

1. Transformers

2. Dark of the Moon

3. Bumblebee

4. Revenge of the Fallen

5. Age of Extinction

6. The Last Knight

I am seeing Rise of the Beasts next week.

I didn’t do last weekend

1. Into the Spider Verse

2. Homecoming

3. 2

4. No Way Home

5. 1

6. TASM

7. 3

8. Far From Home

10. TASM2

Why so low on Across the Spider-verse? 

I didn’t do last weekend

1. Into the Spider Verse

2. Homecoming

3. 2

4. No Way Home

5. 1

6. TASM

7. 3

8. Far From Home

10. TASM2

1. Across The Spider Verse

2. Into The Spider  erse

The rest of them. 

Across the spider verse really changes the games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Prime said:

Only terminally online neo-Nazis care about "wokeness".

I know you would love that to be true but it really isnt. A lot of regular people are fed up of the constant nonsense, and Disney are feeling it big time.

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I know you would love that to be true but it really isnt. A lot of regular people are fed up of the constant nonsense, and Disney are feeling it big time.

Please elaborate on what this "constant nonsense" is. Be specific.

• Like 5

You guys know that like 40% of the country supports Trump right? I think the fervently anti-woke crowd have gone down a very silly rabbit hole but it’s weird to pretend that appeal among that demo is commercially irrelevant nationally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

You guys know that like 40% of the country supports Trump right? I think the fervently anti-woke crowd have gone down a very silly rabbit hole but it’s weird to pretend that appeal among that demo is commercially irrelevant nationally.

Yes, I'm well aware that a sizable portion of the country scorns gay people and thinks that seeing brown people on their screens is "constant nonsense". 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Well I think people possibly avoided Disney movies and Spider-verse because of politics.

Do not want to rehash TLM debate, but I don’t think ATSV suffered from any political or “wokeness” problem, yet did skew very much towards a younger, diverse, and city-centric audience than we typically see for a release of that size (in contrast to GOTG3, for example)

Actually wrote about it earlier this week in tracking thread, and I do think it’s reasonable to expect TF to bring in a fair number of middle-aged white guys who may not have caught anything since Fast X or even GOTG3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

AND while I am at it

1. Transformers

2. Dark of the Moon

3. Bumblebee

4. Revenge of the Fallen

5. Age of Extinction

6. The Last Knight

I am seeing Rise of the Beasts next week.

I've only seen the first Bay movie, Age of Extinction and Bumblebee.

I liked the 2007 and Bumblebee fine.

I consider Age of Extinction the worst movie I have ever seen in theatres.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janedoe said:

Please elaborate on what this "constant nonsense" is. Be specific.

I know you didn't ask me, but the three or four times that Disney promote "the first gay character/couple/kiss" was a little nonsense.

Don't misundestand me, representation is good and really necessary. Also, most people who complaint about representation need to accept that non-white people could be leads in these stories.

However, the companies attempt to gain "inclusivity points" sometimes feel pretty cringe and not sincere.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

No Way Home is one of those unfortunate cases where the movie gets worse with each viewing from my experience so far. The first 40 mins is unwatchable after the first time

Thats one of my personal problems with most (not all) Marvel movies: They are designed as theater experiences with many moments that only exist to evoke an audience response (clapping/sheering) - but if you rewatch it alone on your TV, many scenes fall flat as a consequence or just feel kind of weird. No Way Home is a good example there for me as well.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Meh opening for transformers, it needs to overperform internationally to have hope for profitability. 

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

As expected the accounting cops are here. Just when we thought this had over performed domestically compared to how bad its in korea and few other overseas markets. 

• Like 2