Eric the IF

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** THE FLASH SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

3 hours ago, Joel M said:

It wasn't terrible. The first hour with the 2 Barrys was actually pretty good, but as it went along it lost me. The central Flash stuff was the only thing that worked, Ezra Miller was actually funny (BTTF joke aside). The multiverse stuff ranged from whatever (Keaton) to godawful (the CGI cameos). And they 're all so unimportant to the movie I don't understand why they bothered to fill this up with so many half-hearted cameos. Why are Batflek and Gadot even in the movie?

This could have been actually good if they took the WW and Aquaman approach, ignore the synderverse and the DC legacy cameos and just do the same premise as a solo movie.

Excuse me, God-Keaton can never be described as "whatever". But yeah, the CGI cameos were bad. Why CGI Nic Cage as Superman when they could have got the real Nic Cage and brought the house down?

• Like 2

There were like at least two times when one of the flashes was talking and his whole mouth was just completely fake, wtf?

That and in the first scene with Iris and Barry they crossed the line a few times which is really annoying. 

But still pretty enjoyable. 

• Like 1

You know, I was expecting cameos cause multiverse and shit. Cloony didn't surprise me. Gal didn't. The chronobowl ones didn't, aside from Cage. 

But the cameo that really shocked me was Temura Morrison 😂. You'd think he'd have no reason to appear and yet his scene had one of the biggest laughs in my showing!

• Like 2

Honestly if they cut out the half hour of juvenile humour, removed all the CGI cameos and creepy babies and had Keaton and Sasha Calle back in the ending like they were supposed to be originally (yeah, Clooney was funny but killing off the Batman and Supergirl Barry spent most of the movie with made the whole journey pretty much pointless) this movie would be pretty decent.

I learned about the ending with Clooney a few weeks ago, but now that I can safely talk about it, I’ll just go ahead and say that I don’t understand the point of it. The initial ending they shot would’ve revealed that Keaton and Calle are now part of the main DCEU timeline. I know that scene was meant to establish the new status quo moving forward, which is moot now, but at least that ending would’ve given some kind of closure for those two. 

Did they really decide to end the movie on a joke, just to ensure that no one would want another movie from this universe? 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

I thought this was dope. Probably could've cut 15-20 minutes somewhere.

Honestly, I didn't have an issue with the CGI either. The speed force CGI was clearly a stylistic choice. The babies seemed like it was mostly for laughs, so it's not that serious. And the Zod/Kryptonian fight was mostly fine! I was actually pleasantly surprised with how good most of it looked.

Actually thought the core Flash stuff was good. Thought the first hour was very funny and breezy entertainment with the two Barrys. Thought the middle was fine though Sasha and Keaton were a bit wasted. That third act battle and cameo fest, total disaster.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Actually thought the core Flash stuff was good. Thought the first hour was very funny and breezy entertainment with the two Barrys. Thought the middle was fine though Sasha and Keaton were a bit wasted. That third act battle and cameo fest, total disaster.

It goes downhill when it focus on the trash CGI and the twist you could see coming a mile away.

The characters were its strongest asset during acts 1 and 2. Act 3 is the spectacle, but big setpieces in empty CGI looking spaces just look bad.

i liked it more than i expected, but am i the only one who found ezra miller kinda laughably bad in this? they were okay as past barry but future barry just genuinely has some of the most off-putting line delivery and expressiveness i’ve seen in a major blockbuster. not sure if that’s just hindsight with me knowing everything about miller’s background though.  

Overall, I enjoyed the movie ... like 6.5 or 7/10, but it's infuriating that the CGI was just so horrific at times and 3rd act falling apart strikes again.

I really enjoyed the first act ... well, outside that unbelievably horrible Batman suit they put on Affleck.  I appreciate the 'blue'ish cape, but that shit armor they put over him was hideous looking.   I liked Barry being a hero, even in the cheesy moments.

The 2nd act up until they saved Supergirl was also pretty enjoyable to me.  I liked seeing Keaton back as Batman ... and thought Sasha Calle started pretty good as a Supergirl.

HOWEVER, the 3rd act.  I'm totally used to the standard CGI action fest in these movies (and the CGI was brutal in this instance) ... but my issue is more so with the whole Kryptonian army.  There's just no presence with Zod in this film ... it's all fucking CGI shit mixed with his voice  ... same with the others.   It just feels so hollow ... there's nothing there ... you simply know it's going to become a situation where the other Flash is eventually going to be revealed as becoming Dark Flash ... and we also just continuously kill off Supergirl and Batman. 

Then we get the cameos from all the other universes ... and that would be cool, but again the CGI is just no good to the point its distracting ... especially with Christopher Reeve & Helen Slater.  My GOD, how terrible. 

I did laugh at the Clooney reveal (even if I was spoiled) and Barry dropping the F bomb ... but nothing will come of it so who really cares.

Again, enjoyable enough, but I'll be honest I'm getting old and feel that so much of this comic book period I lived for about 12-15 years has passed me by.   Just don't have the excitement that I did even a few years ago.  Marvel fucking sucks 90% of the time ... DC can't figure anything out except the shit that has nothing to do with Universes.

I just realized that Flash was the first movie I've seen in theaters since Top Gun: Maverick.  Sad, I used to go several times a month.  Maybe July will bring 2 trips with MI7 & Oppenheimer.

Edited by AdamKendall

I just remembered the one thing that shocked me. I think it's after he rescues the babies and the nurse is in shock? He says something like, "I understand these events can be upsetting. You should see a therapist. The Justice League doesn't really do mental health!"

HOW did this joke make it to the final cut of the film???? This was in such poor taste.

Edited by Avatree

Just now, Avatree said:

I just remembered the one thing that shocked me. I think it's after he rescues the babies and the nurse is in shock? He says something like, "I understand these events can be upsetting. You should see a therapist. The Justice League doesn't really do mental health!"

HOW did this joke make it to the final cut of the film???? This was in such poor taste.

Because it was funny and bending every joke backwards to assess how tasteful they are would mean we would get no jokes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

Because it was funny and bending every joke backwards to assess how tasteful they are would mean we would get no jokes.

Well that's a leap and a half. How many other jokes in the film made light of Ezra's criminal acts?

16 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Well that's a leap and a half. How many other jokes in the film made light of Ezra's criminal acts?

That's not what going on with that joke and you know it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CJohn said:

It goes downhill when it focus on the trash CGI and the twist you could see coming a mile away.

The characters were its strongest asset during acts 1 and 2. Act 3 is the spectacle, but big setpieces in empty CGI looking spaces just look bad.

Blockbusters that used essentially the same idea since last summer... Multiverse of Madness, Lightyear, Spider Verse and, now, Flash. It's all about execution of course but it is odd seeing it in blockbuster so many times in two summers.