Eric the IF

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** THE FLASH SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

10 minutes ago, Mulder said:

80s Supergirl movie Supergirl, Adam West, and randomly the fake Jay Garrick from the CW Flash show.

George Reeves Superman, and the 1943 black and white Batman Serials. I didn’t see Adam West or Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. 

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

George Reeves Superman, and the 1943 black and white Batman Serials. I didn’t see Adam West or Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. 

Adam West is off to the side after Nic Cage, I've seen the clip making the rounds on social media. According to people who saw it early (As in like just last month early) for some reason Lynda Carter got cut.

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

there are images of Keaton in the same setting in the same outfit. I also have a hard time believing Clooney flew out to wherever they were filming to do a cameo

Just had a look at the set photos. Looks like Supergirl was meant to be in the scene but she got cut.

So the Clooney scene is filmed in a way where Clooney and Miller can be filmed separately. It’s a back and forth between them. There just wasn’t much of a need to paste his head over Keaton. 

It’s kinda like this:

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

Just had a look at the set photos. Looks like Supergirl was meant to be in the scene but she got cut.

So the Clooney scene is filmed in a way where Clooney and Miller can be filmed separately. It’s a back and forth between them. There just wasn’t much of a need to paste his head over Keaton. 

It’s kinda like this:

Grant and Ezra filmed that together though.

Anyway I don't think Clooney is CGI there mostly because it'd look extremely noticeable if it was judging by the quality of the rest of the CGI lmfao

Yeah, there's plenty of other face replacement shots in the film that noticeably suck (I thought Batfleck on the bike at the start was especially rough). If that for real wasn't just Clooney then that's the one time they nailed it because it sure looked like he was there.

I can imagine it was originally Keaton, that's 100% who I thought it was gonna be before Clooney showed up, because it was supposed to lead into Batgirl and stuff at one point, but yeah pretty easy to just film Clooney's coverage later and slot that in.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Yeah, there's plenty of other face replacement shots in the film that noticeably suck (I thought Batfleck on the bike at the start was especially rough). If that for real wasn't just Clooney then that's the one time they nailed it because it sure looked like he was there.

You could always tell which version of Barry was actually Ezra, and which one is a double with Ezra’s head pasted on. They tried to be clever and switched it up towards the last third though.

What bothered me the most was that the lesson Barry spent the whole movie learning...he immediately unlearned. We go on this whole journey about realizing you can't save everyone and can't mess with time, even in the smallest way. Barry fully learns and understands this by the end and even has to teach it to 2 different versions of himself, and then he still messes with time to try and save his dad. If you do a 180 on the core theme of your movie in the last 5 minutes, you lose me.

The cameos didn't bother me. I get Cage being CGI was a little dumb, but I thought they were harmless. They didn't disrespect anybody and were a worthy fan service moment considering we were watching alternate timelines collapsing. Why not show characters that fans love in that moment? 

Cavill continues to be done dirty by WB.

Also, that was 100% Clooney at the end. It was not CGI. It was originally going to be Keaton and that's why there's set photos of Keaton filming it, but as someone else said, that was when Keaton was going to be a big part of this universe going forward before Gunn and Safran were brought in. Clooney is there for a last laugh/fan service moment.

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Many Twitter users noting that they found one scene towards the end exceptionally sad ?

yeah when he sees his mum for the last time at the end/reverses saving her life. didn't quite have me boohooing in the cinema but it was very well done and kinda won me back after some annoying 3rd act stuff (those "cameos").

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Many Twitter users noting that they found one scene towards the end exceptionally sad ?

Yes. It's Barry saying goodbye to his mother.

It's one of the few scenes that I think Miller does a great job in.

The actress who plays his mom makes you really care in a very small amount of screentime. It's a great performance.

25 minutes ago, KGPatt2 said:

What bothered me the most was that the lesson Barry spent the whole movie learning...he immediately unlearned. We go on this whole journey about realizing you can't save everyone and can't mess with time, even in the smallest way. Barry fully learns and understands this by the end and even has to teach it to 2 different versions of himself, and then he still messes with time to try and save his dad. If you do a 180 on the core theme of your movie in the last 5 minutes, you lose me.

The cameos didn't bother me. I get Cage being CGI was a little dumb, but I thought they were harmless. They didn't disrespect anybody and were a worthy fan service moment considering we were watching alternate timelines collapsing. Why not show characters that fans love in that moment? 

Cavill continues to be done dirty by WB.

Also, that was 100% Clooney at the end. It was not CGI. It was originally going to be Keaton and that's why there's set photos of Keaton filming it, but as someone else said, that was when Keaton was going to be a big part of this universe going forward before Gunn and Safran were brought in. Clooney is there for a last laugh/fan service moment.

Somewhat agree but he learned about not being able to save everyone, not so much about the messing with time part.

Side note: Cameos did nothing for me, not how envisioned they would appear at least, thought he’d be running through the different worlds or something. Don’t really care about the CG, they all had weird lighting from the dimension merge thing. 

Edited by Super

It wasn't terrible. The first hour with the 2 Barrys was actually pretty good, but as it went along it lost me. The central Flash stuff was the only thing that worked, Ezra Miller was actually funny (BTTF joke aside). The multiverse stuff ranged from whatever (Keaton) to godawful (the CGI cameos). And they 're all so unimportant to the movie I don't understand why they bothered to fill this up with so many half-hearted cameos. Why are Batflek and Gadot even in the movie?

This could have been actually good if they took the WW and Aquaman approach, ignore the synderverse and the DC legacy cameos and just do the same premise as a solo movie.

The opening of this movie had so much fun energy, which it kind of loses completely by the end when it devolved into epic world ending bad-assery. Bad CGI aside, the first set piece was definitely the best one and filled with the most inventive stuff. Keaton’s a lot of fun but he doesn’t really have much of an arc. The Clooney cameo was so great