Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

Just now, TMP said:

Ninja Turtles could break out

For sure, that's why I mentioned live-action lol. The only movie that month I see making any true coin, especially when it's going to be the last family movie (aside from Paw Patrol 2, which is largely geared towards preschoolers) until November.

2 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

Yeah, that's fair. You have to actively research scientology to find out how awful Cruise and the people he associates with are (some of the stuff uncovered by Leah Remini was horrifying). Miller's a much more public offender.

Katie Holmes literally had to do spy stuff to escape from Cruise but people forget that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Haven't logged in for ages but had to now to address the AH thing. The only people who still believe AH are people who didn't watch the trial, and man-haters. 

2 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Based on what? Amber fan twitter accounts? By any data she completely lost the court of public opinion, plus the actual court.

I’m not disputing that. With that said, there are clearly still a lot of people that believe her. I’m not making a judgement call, just stating what you can see on social media. And I’m not sure a box office thread is the place for a discussion about this either. 

Just now, TMP said:

Ninja Turtles could break out

I think that movie is dead on arrival and will be another Smurfs: The Lost Village. No one really cares about the Ninja Turtles these days, and the trailers haven't generated much buzz. Luckily the stylized animation means that the budget is likely low, so it won't hurt Paramount much.

Anyway, this performance for The Flash is enough of a shitshow for the franchise as is. Could you imagine how much bigger that shitshow would be had Hamada still been here and the movie kept its original ending?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Do we have Spider Verse, TLM and Guardians Saturday numbers yet? Hoping all hold well.

We do 

they didn’t

Edit: well, gotg did solid just not the bigger ones

Edited by Into the Legion-Verse

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not disputing that. With that said, there are clearly still a lot of people that believe her. I’m not making a judgement call, just stating what you can see on social media. And I’m not sure a box office thread is the place for a discussion about this either. 

What you see on social media are morons who only watch tiktok clips of the trial and man-haters. I see it everyday on twitter. One of my best friends confront these lunatics all the time, they're delirious.

• ...wtf 1

46 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Landmark Theatres Sunset

AMC Century City 15

AMC Burbank 16

AMC Burbank Town Center 8

AMC Burbank Town Center 6

Why so many AMCs in Burbank?

There is way too many AMCs in Burbank they’re all in the same 2 mile radius🤣 the big 16 one, one in the mall and one like right outside the mall. Makes no sense the mall isn’t even that nice lol. 

Edited by mmed1345
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bobzaruni said:

Isn't this extremely early? The day isn't even over

I meant Friday numbers.

I see them posted now. TLM drop not ideal but not horrible. Elemental must've hit it a bit. Guardians drop seems fine. It'll do well Saturday and Sunday. Could get over 5M or close to it. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Homer said:

Katie Holmes literally had to do spy stuff to escape from Cruise but people forget that.

I think the difference is that Cruise was already the biggest movie star in the world with a legacy of great films and box-office hits, and even he was pretty much toxic after the WOTW incidents and MI 3 being a huge under-performer. Paramount even cut ties with him. It took Tropic Thunder and a string of films which are some of the best reviewed big budget movies of all time for him to be "cool" again. Miller is completely different because the most popular thing they've ever been a part of is the trending page on twitter. And I can't see them ever doing a full-recovery on their public image like Cruise has

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

What you see on social media are morons who only watch tiktok clips of the trial and man-haters. I see it everyday on twitter. One of my best friends confront these lunatics all the time, they're delirious.

…okay?