Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

11 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

We are going to see Indy 5 tomorrow night though.  I was on the fence but I was talked into it and I'm kinda into the idea now because I was just watching Raiders of the Lost Ark tonight.  

That's cool. Going in with a  positive attitude. Feels like a lot of people don;t do that anymore. 

how the f is the year halfway over lol @WrathOfHan @Eric Jones

23x:

Oppenheimer: Nope Dolby, The Black Phone, Nope Round 2 IMAX, Bullet Train Dolby, Jaws Round 2 IMAX, Avatar Round 4 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, The Pale Blue Eye, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D Round 4, Knock at the Cabin Dolby, Close, 2022 Live-Action Oscar Shorts, Moving On, Inside, How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby, Crooklyn 35mm, Rushmore 35mm, Moonrise Kingdom 35mm, The Grand Budapest Hotel Round 2 35mm, Asteroid City

19Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby Atmos Round 0, The Menu, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Dolby, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Round 2, Strange World, Bones and All, Violent Night, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, The Inspection, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, M3GAN, Skinamarink, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D Round 4, The Whale, Titanic Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D

17x:

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, Scream VI Dolby, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, A Thousand and One, Suzume, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Polite Society, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 3 IMAX, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Sanctuary, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2

13x:

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Dolby, Creed III IMAX, John Wick: Chapter 4 Dolby, Return of the Jedi, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 3 IMAX, Sisu, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2

11x:

Asteroid City: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, A Thousand and One, Polite Society, Venom Round 2, Book Club: The Next Chapter, Chevalier, Crooklyn 35mm, The Royal Tenenbaums 35mm, Rushmore 35mm, Moonrise Kingdom 35mm, The Grand Budapest Hotel Round 2 35mm

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One: Top Gun: Maverick Dolby, Jurassic World Dominion IMAX, Top Gun: Maverick Round 2, Elvis Dolby, Avatar: The Way of Water Round 3 IMAX 3D, Titanic Round 2 Dolby HFR48fps3D, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, You Hurt My Feelings, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Asteroid City

10x:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby, Elemental 3D, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2

9x:

The Flash: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Dolby, Shazam! Fury of the Gods IMAX, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Dolby, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby

8x:

Elemental: The Fabelmans, Strange World, Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, 2022 Animated Oscar Shorts, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Suzume, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby

Gran Turismo: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, Asteroid City

Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken: Suzume, Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2

7x:

The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4

6x:

Barbie: Avatar: The Way of Water Dolby HFR48fps3D, Magic Mike’s Last Dance Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2

4x:

The Blackening: Creed III IMAX Round 2, John Wick: Chapter 4 Dolby, John Wick: Chapter 4 Round 2, Sisu

Strays: Cocaine Bear, Evil Dead Rise, Fast X Dolby, You Hurt My Feelings

Wish: The Little Mermaid IMAX, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby

Trolls Band Together: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental Round 2, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2

Blue Beetle: Evil Dead Rise, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2

3x:

No Hard Feelings: Scream VI Dolby, Fast X Dolby, You Hurt My Feelings
Squaring the Circle: Rushmore 35mm, Moonrise Kingdom 35mm, The Grand Budapest Hotel Round 2 35mm
Every Body: Polite Society, Sanctuary, Asteroid City
The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Asteroid City

2x:

Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2
Talk to Me: Fast X Dolby, Beau is Afraid
Joy Ride: Sisu, You Hurt My Feelings
It Lives Inside: How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, Sanctuary
Past Lives: You Hurt My Feelings, Sanctuary
Meg 2: The Trench: Fast X Dolby, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby
Lonely Castle in the Mirror: Ponyo, Kiki’s Delivery Service
Theater Camp: Chevalier, Asteroid City
Migration: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2 

1x:

MaXXXine: Pearl
The Tunnel of Summer, The Exit of Goodbyes: Skinamarink
Dune: Part Two: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby
Insidious: The Red Door: Evil Dead Rise
The Equalizer 3: Sisu
Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fast X Dolby
Ordinary Angels: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret
Mending the Line: BlackBerry
Problemista: You Hurt My Feelings
Oldboy: Sanctuary
Prisoner’s Daughter: Chevalier
Next Goal Wins: Chevalier
Poor Things: Chevalier
The Last Voyage of the Demeter: Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Dolby
Elio: Elemental 3D
Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie: Elemental Round 2
Haunted Mansion: Elemental Round 2
Drive Away Dolls: Asteroid City

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Honestly this bombing kind of makes me want to see this more because I've actually really enjoyed huge Disney flops like John Carter, The Lone Ranger, and Tomorrowland. Also other big studio flops like Terminator Dark Fate, Jack the Giant Slayer, Black Adam, Battleship and others entertained me. Just cause a film loses money doesn't mean it's pure trash. One of my favorite films of the last decade was Blade Runner 2049 and that was also a huge money loser. I haven't gone to the cinemas this year much but I'm gonna watch Rise of the Beasts, The Flash, Elemental and Dial of Destiny this July 4th week. Not gonna let the toxic debbie downers deter me to give those films a shot. 

• Like 7
  • Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Whoever decided to premiere this at CANNES should be banned from the industry. Its had a month long negative buzz. 

People need to stop blaming Cannes when it’s probably going to get a B Cinemascore and even positive reviews are pretty mixed. 

• Like 3

23-24 would not be that bad and would probably get it to 60/170. Which, obviously, not great, but not the John Carter/The Flash level flop it is being made out to be.

The visceral hate some people have for this movie relative to other unsuccesful franchise sequels is kinda weird.

19 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

People need to stop blaming Cannes when it’s probably going to get a B Cinemascore and even positive reviews are pretty mixed. 

a B? Cinemascore? You really think so?

CinemaScore is in for Ruby Gillman. It's an A-.

Here is how it compares to recent efforts from DreamWorks:

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish - A

The Bad Guys - A

The Boss Baby: Family Business - A

Spirit Untamed - A

The Croods: A New Age - A

Abominable - A

• Like 3

I watched Elemental/Ruby/Nimona through Wednesday and here are my thoguhts:

Elemental: The first third with Ember and her family was really solid, the other 2 thirds are fine and the romance fell flat for me since I didn't care about Wade.  Not as good as Pixar's peak, but i enjoyed it waaay more than their recent sequels 6.5/10

Ruby: Easily one of Dreamworks weakest movies.  It's aimed for toddlers only and everyone older than 6 years old will get instantly bored.  Barely anything happens during the first 30 minutes and then the climax is really rushed. It also doesn't help that the trailer gave away the entire plot. Also, this beats Mario at overusing pop songs that don't fit the scene at all.  There are some nice looking stuff from the underwater world, but every other thing looks uninispring and cheap. 3/10

Nimona: This was really close of being an instant classic, but there's a bit too much of corny dialogues/jokes for my taste . I must admit that at first I thought Nimona's character was annoying, but she really growth on me and at the end I liked her a lot. The action is really fun and the climax is gorgeous and touching. An entertaing watch and I'm happy Netflix rescued this after Disney shut down 7.5/10

• Like 3

Elemental. Liked the relationship between amber and her father other than the rest was just by the numbers , overall an enjoyable generic film .7/10.

Happy for its  performance at the box office but quality wise something is still missing at Pixar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

why doesn't the thread have indiana jones in the title lmao cmon now, july 4 isn't until tues

They're leaving room for the Sound of Freedom sweep:

Not Mira Sorvino as The Wife on the Phone... Apparently, principal photography wrapped in 2018, I wonder if they added more conspiracy theory nods in reshoots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_of_Freedom_(film)