Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Weird to see the Twitter pile-on for this when every male that directs a half-decent horror movie gets a 200 million budget and nobody blinks or cares.

Twitter is piling on because these big franchises keep snatching up these great directors and then not letting them do much interesting. 

• Like 1

Just now, JustLurking said:

Review bombing *isn't* a thing on rt. You literally can only vote by buying. Not like RT is saying anything different from the posttrak and cinemascore polls, but I guess people lied to them while literally coming out of the theater as well!

Are you even reading the thread? There is "Verified Audience" and “All Audience" on RT. "All Audience" doesn’t require you to buy a ticket, which is the argument that foolish brought to make a point about how this film wouldn’t be target by review bombing. "All Audience" is precisely where review bombing is possible, and it’s public knowledge how Lucasfilm productions have been facing those since The Force Awakens.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Twitter is piling on because these big franchises keep snatching up these great directors and then not letting them do much interesting. 

I think people are assuming too much that she's going to direct like an MCU movie or something. Maybe she's going to be the next Cameron or Nolan who we all love. Or at least Peele, who gets 100m+ for films like Nope.

Blockbusters used to feature some of the best and most creative filmmaking in the world for decades and decades. Steven Spielberg being Exhibit A. I hate that the MCU/DCU house styles have made it such a dirty word, but I also get it.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 2

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

Are you even reading the thread? There is "Verified Audience" and “All Audience" on RT. "All Audience" doesn’t require you to buy a ticket, which is the argument that foolish brought to make a point about how this film wouldn’t be target by review bombing. "All Audience" is precisely where review bombing is possible, and it’s public knowledge how Lucasfilm productions have been facing those since The Force Awakens.

Dude why are you so mad all the time. Calm down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Well I wasn't one of them I hated that stupid movie. And I don't remember it having an 88% approval rating from people who have seen it.

You're right, it had an 89% PostTrak score (vs 79% for Dial of Destiny) and A Cinemascore (vs B+ for Dial of Destiny).

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Didn't realise the argument was about all audience yeah, hardly anyone seems to even care about its existence nowadays since verified was introduced. All audience is pretty worthless, but the key point that young people aren't really vibing with it seems valid to me, as posttrak suggested that exact thing as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Train said:

Dude why are you so mad all the time. Calm down.

thanos-i-dont-know.gif

Nothing on my post suggests that I’m ‘mad’ or ‘angry’. Just pointing out the obvious, but I guess that’s one way of deflecting what I’m saying by attacking who is saying it out of the blue over what he is saying. I don’t even know you so I’m not even sure I’ve entertained giving you an answer.

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Weird to see the Twitter pile-on for this when every male that directs a half-decent horror movie gets a 200 million budget and nobody blinks or cares.

Some people are just surprised by how she's using the clout from Lady Bird and the path her career behind the camera is headed in, I guess. I say if she wants to become mainly associated with IPs and collecting those big paychecks, well then go Greta!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Everything went up except for this… can’t make this up

Families don't care about Gillman and are all waiting for Ninja Tutules which come out in like a month.

14 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think people are assuming too much that she's going to direct like an MCU movie or something. Maybe she's going to be the next Cameron or Nolan who we all love. Or at least Peele, who gets 100m+ for films like Nope.

Blockbusters used to feature some of the best and most creative filmmaking in the world for decades and decades. Steven Spielberg being Exhibit A. I hate that the MCU/DCU house styles have made it such a dirty word, but I also get it.

As much as I would Gerwig to be that, she should be making stuff for the big screen, not Netflix

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Families don't care about Gillman and are all waiting for Ninja Tutules which come out in like a month.

And unfortunately for Gillman, families already have other options to tide them over until August. So little chance of it having legs.

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Didn't realise the argument was about all audience yeah, hardly anyone seems to even care about its existence nowadays since verified was introduced. All audience is pretty worthless, but the key point that young people aren't really vibing with it seems valid to me, as posttrak suggested that exact thing as well.

See, I’m not even sure if that’s the case. We just had Elemental opening very mid and it’s going pretty leggy. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny could very well be 10 years too late, but I feel like comparing this to a disaster like The Flash with the whole July 4th week ahead precipitated.

I miss when conversation here seemed less hardcore franchise wars non-sense and people were able to give context to things. I feel like younger audiences could still connect with the film, either throughout the Summer or at home. It’s a very different landscape that this film is getting released compared to Crystal Skull. We know how films like Indiana Jones do get review bombed. We can see here on the message board and social media, quite easily. Denying it happens it’s just trying to angle for something to fit a narrative. Verified Score isn’t perfect, but it’s the best we got and we can’t really tell if it’s only "old people" enjoying it. 

I feel like for a box office message board enthusiasts, some here try too hard to box up social media narratives and don’t put much into giving context to things, which dumbs down the conversation and then becomes Disgruntled Competition fan attacking x Disney movie for reasons and it’s incredibly boring to me. Sometimes you just need to call out a bad faith post and call it what it is. 

• Like 1