CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That's not sexual chemistry though that's just Emily being sexy all on her own.

Agreed though a sidenote is thay apparently it was her idea for them to kiss at the end according to McQ. He also mentioned alot of how he wrote Ilsa in Rogue Nation was learning from how Emily Blunt handled her character in Edge of Tomorrow.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

25 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Trying to get more into horror, what should I start with?

(some classics I have seen: The Shining, Evil Dead, Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity)

I'm Glad you came to me because if you're just getting into horror me being 50 years old and a child of the 80s I'm of course going to recommend the stuff that I grew up with. It's a lot different than horror movies are these days but in my opinion the quintessential ones that you have to see are

Halloween

Nightmare on elm Street

Friday the 13th 1-4

Psycho (1960)

My Bloody Valentine

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74)

These are all the original movies, don't touch the remakes start with the 70s and '80s films

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Algebra said:

I was rolling my eyes when I was reading the negative reviews about the action lacking, before watching the film. It's the only franchise I love.

I can't believe I agree with them. But Mcquarries says multiple times DR1 is the setup and DR2 is the payoff...so I'm ready to get my socks blown off

Sorry I don't agree at all with you or those critics.  I respect that you and they feel that way though. 

15 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Trying to get more into horror, what should I start with?

(some classics I have seen: The Shining, Evil Dead, Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity)

The Exorcist. Halloween. The Thing. A Nightmare on Elm Street. The Haunting (original). Night of the Living Dead. Candyman. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Get Out. Nope. Hereditary. It Follows. The Babadook.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Sorry I don't agree at all with you or those critics.  I respect that you and they feel that way though. 

Yeah it's unfortunate..really wanted to love it.

But I have full faith in Cruise and Mcquarrie to deliver a knockout like Fallout with DR2 next.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

its funny on DL box office report they slam Indy to make MI look better and say they had higher hopes Lucasfilm wouldn't mess up a legacy finale.

But Indy5 is a legit catastrophe....MI7 is at worst a 'meh' run

Mi7's gonna make $10-15m shy of Indy5's global run so far in its first weekend alone and has strong WOM

Edited by Algebra
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

its funny on DL box office report they slam Indy to make MI look better and say they had higher hopes Lucasfilm wouldn't mess up a legacy finale.

It is true though. INDY's overseas numbers very poor compared to DR and the domestic fall is big, too. CRYSTAL SKULL with a mixed WoM made nearly 100m more than the highest grossing MI film domestically. INDY had the better release date as well. Unfortunately the quality wasn't there.  

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm Glad you came to me because if you're just getting into horror me being 50 years old and a child of the 80s I'm of course going to recommend the stuff that I grew up with. It's a lot different than horror movies are these days but in my opinion the quintessential ones that you have to see are

Halloween

Nightmare on elm Street

Friday the 13th 1-4

Psycho (1960)

My Bloody Valentine

These are all the original movies, don't touch the remakes start with the 70s and '80s films

I notice the ones you listed are of the slasher genre (I'd add Black Christmas to that list). Do you consider things like supernatural (like Poltergeist or The Amityville Horror) or creature features (like The Thing or The Blob) horror or separate genres?

I especially found The Thing (1982 version) scary as hell.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Disney taking Indy to Cannes and immediately lifting the review embargo is one of the worst things they’ve ever done in a campaign for a big movie. It had a whole month to generate talk about “wow, first Indy movie that’s ever been rotten, even critics thought Crystal Skull wasn’t that bad, etc.” It was never bouncing back from that. Not that I think it would have been a hit otherwise, but unlikely to open so low and already have a “reputation” going into OW. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

I notice the ones you listed are of the slasher genre (I'd add Black Christmas to that list). Do you consider things like supernatural (like Poltergeist or The Amityville Horror) or creature features (like The Thing or The Blob) horror or separate genres?

I especially found The Thing (1982 version) scary as hell.

I love all those films you mentioned. He just asked me to recommend him some horror movies. I'm not going to list every film I think you should watch right now because there's literally dozens of them. But yes every one you mentioned here are fantastic.

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I'm confused...how is MI7 only doing $15m-$16m days? 

MI makes $50-60m opening weekends and still end up making $700-800m WW.

And this one's making right in line.

Everyone's losing their mind however and panicking over MI7's performance because we all wanna feel something 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Disney taking Indy to Cannes and immediately lifting the review embargo is one of the worst things they’ve ever done in a campaign for a big movie. It had a whole month to generate talk about “wow, first Indy movie that’s ever been rotten, even critics thought Crystal Skull wasn’t that bad, etc.” It was never bouncing back from that. Not that I think it would have been a hit otherwise, but unlikely to open so low and already have a “reputation” going into OW. 

Yeah. But even without Cannes buzz just don't think it would have opened that much higher either.

Crystal skull did the all the damage. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, baumer said:

Halloween

Nightmare on elm Street

Friday the 13th 1-4

Psycho (1960)

My Bloody Valentine

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74)

29 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

The Exorcist. Halloween. The Thing. A Nightmare on Elm Street. The Haunting (original). Night of the Living Dead. Candyman. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Get Out. Nope. Hereditary. It Follows. The Babadook.

Thanks guys! I have seen a few of these (absolutely adored Nightmare on Elm Street, and loved Get Out and Nope), I’ll add these others to my list

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Yeah. But even without Cannes buzz just don't think it would have opened that much higher either.

Crystal skull did the all the damage. 

People needed to hear good things about it prior to release given CS. Otherwise it was a “but why?” situation that became amplified with poor reviews after the embargo. 

• Like 1