Eric Burnett

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How did the audience react to the long movie. 

The movie’s length did not seem to pose a problem almost certainly because of the pacing of the film and the viewer investment in that last hour. It truly does feel more like a two hour movie than a three hour movie.

There was even a smattering of applause afterwards and audiences never, ever clap in my area. There’s just so much to love about the film and because she is not being mentioned enough, Blunt was incredible. The film is winning so much Oscar gold.

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I hope Nolan got his Bond desires out of the way with Tenet which is essentially his spy film. I wouldn't mind seeing him going back to sci-fi or go to film noir but contemporary.

Or do something we are not expecting. Nolan likes to do that.

One thing, He will not be commiting to anohter long term franchise deal. you will not see him doing Star wars movies like some here have suggested. I don;t think he want to make that kind of commitment. And anyway, Star Wars is  a bad fit for him.

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

The movie’s length did not seem to pose a problem almost certainly because of the pacing of the film and the viewer investment in that last hour. It truly does feel more like a two hour movie than a three hour movie.

There was even a smattering of applause afterwards and audiences never, ever clap in my area. There’s just so much to love about the film and because she is not being mentioned enough, Blunt was incredible. The film is winning so much Oscar gold.

Let's see what Marty does with "Killers Of The Flower Moon" first. I suspect it will come down to a duel between these two.

Edited by dudalb

30 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Unironically the best thing for Bond would be to maybe go back to the Connery/Moore era style. Make a little campier, a little sillier.

Maybe the Connory era, but not Moore style. I think the Moore films took the camp and comedy way too far. Connory found the right balance.

5 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

I might be the only one here but I'm looking forward to 'The Creator'.   We don't get many decently budgeted sci-fi movies anymore. I was surprised to see that the budget is reported at $86M.  It looks really good

You aren't the only one. 😀

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Cameron is not half the director that Nolan is.

His Hiroshima film would end up being incredibly preachy and shoves it message donw you throat. Nolan is a lot more subtle and sohiticated. He can make his points without shouting.

Not a huge Cameron mark but you're kidding right? There's absolutely nothing subtle about Dark Knight, Prestige, Memento, Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar... Cameron is certainly much preachier but still.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Of course it doesn't but no other director over the last decade is Nolan with original stuff. He's the anomaly. It's compliment him. Only other would be Peele but he's not Nolan in terms bankability.

I think Scorsese has the same draw with the right material. The Aviator, Departed, Shutter Island, and Wolf of Wall Street all made over 100 mil domestic. Then again, that could just be Leo alone drawing people. 

27 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Hope so. I'm kinda tired of the A24s of the world winning Best Picture every year. Let's give a blockbuster epic the big prize. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not a huge Cameron mark but you're kidding right? There's absolutely nothing subtle about Dark Knight, Prestige, Memento, Dark Knight Rises, Interstellar... Cameron is certainly much preachier but still.

Subtlety is overrated anyways.

• Like 3

The only movie I watched from Cameron is Titanic and that was when I was a kid. Avatar-type movies are just not my cup of tea. Would love to see something else from him.

Edited by eeetooki

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Cameron is not half the director that Nolan is.

His Hiroshima film would end up being incredibly preachy and shoves it message donw you throat. Nolan is a lot more subtle and sohiticated. He can make his points without shouting.

All of Nolan's filmography put together is not half a terminator 2 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

9 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

James Cameron's great and I don't mind Avatar but it's incredibly disappointing to me that he hasn't made anything else since 1997 and may never again. Could've had so great films

This reminded me that there was a True Lies TV show on CBS (I think) this year which no one watched and was just cancelled. True Lies could have been a fun spy franchise for Arnold and Cameron to revisit every 4-5 years.

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Scorsese's issue is that he's inconsistent which is why studios are reluctant to give him large budgets anymore which is why he had to go to the likes of Netflix and Apple. 

Inconsistent?   He has directed two hands worth of classic material lol.  

• Like 1