Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

OPPENHEIMER

$10.5M

2 Movies with 10M+ Previews opening on the same weekend :ohmygod::ohmygod:

Will we ever see something like this happening again?? We all need to just enjoy the ride guys and girls, it doesnt get much better than this

• Like 17
  • Heart 1

This is completely shocking even though the signs were there and people like Empire or sorry those who shall not be named LOL were saying that he thinks this could go as high as 175. But if there was no late astronomical tracking with this, people would be even more shocked at this point. This is great for the cinema and it feels like at least for one weekend we're back to pre-covid levels of box office.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Derpity said:

Lol, those early Jat numbers were wildly low (19.5 + 9). Did he make them up?

Maybe West Coast late shows did better business than expected...Barbie especially is the kind of movie which would overperform in West Coast

4 minutes ago, Derpity said:

Lol, those early Jat numbers were wildly low (19.5 + 9). Did he make them up?

The Barbie numbers didn't include the 2 million in Early Access showings.

• Like 1

If barbie makes 190-200 M without IMAX and against a 90M debut It's the most relevant OW in box office history After end game.

If Oppenheimer makes 90M with rated R 3 hours movie against a 200M opener It's in the top 5 of the most relevant OW. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Shawn said:

OPPENHEIMER

$10.5M

As awesome as the Barbie number is, this is even more impressive to me given the capacity restrictions.

To have two movies over 10 million in previews is insane!

• Like 4

Between the reviews and the preview numbers, I could not be more excited for Barbenheimer! Easily the most excited I've been for a big new movie since... I dunno, preview night for The Force Awakens? Maybe even since The Dark Knight Rises?

I'm also one of those weird people doing Barbie first. I get the palate cleanser argument, but I dunno; I feel like if I did Oppenheimer first, I'd spend more of the running time than I'd like thinking about all the much more colorful stuff I would be seeing afterward.