Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

25 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Instead of getting rid of the 70mm ones just upgrade all the bad Xenon imax with Laser

Imax Xenon is not bad for smaller IMAXs. And even IMAX Laser ones are showing the 70mm version like on Melbourne.

Film really has no advantage over Digital is just Nostalgia at this point, but some people like the texture (that could be easily emulated) but is good to preserve it to some people, is their religion. 

Edited by Day and Date The Best
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

I’m sad I’m not in the US this weekend since it feels like a historic one, but I’m watching Oppenheimer in IMAX in Portugal on Monday and I seriously cannot fucking wait. Also thank god Portuguese theaters do subs and don’t dub, I’d cry if I couldn’t hear Cillian’s voice 

His performance is amazing, especially the eyes. The entire cast does a great job, and it’s a pretty massive group of actors that many of us recognize. Kind of amazing that so many of them were willing to jump into that project for small roles. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He should embrace the 1.43 aspect ratio Dual Laser projection. Demand that IMAX upgrade all the 70mm IMAX screens to be Dual Laser capable. There are very few Dual Laser IMAX screens in the world, only like 10 of them in USA. Dual Laser IMAX provides a phenomenal experience very similar to a flawless 70mm IMAX film showing, but Dual Laser IMAX has none of the technical difficulties and problems of film projection. 

I suspect Nolan is never going to embrace digital projection, IMAX with Laser is incredible though, I've seen Dunkirk, Dune and Top Gun: Maverick in that format and it blew me away. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Like I said in the main thread for Wonka, I sincerely think it’ll be the biggest movie of December. A musical during Christmas time is a winning combo.

Agreed, it will clean up. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Y'all, I don't think I can handle this on the big screen tomorrow. @MrPink you might have to hold my hand.

Go see Oppenheimer and see Josh Hartnett on the big screen. An even better bone structure than Chalamet. :chaplin:

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

His performance is amazing, especially the eyes. The entire cast does a great job, and it’s a pretty massive group of actors that many of us recognize. Kind of amazing that so many of them were willing to jump into that project for small roles. 

That’s what I’m hearing! How’s Matt Damon? I randomly am a big fan of his 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Agreed, it will clean up. 

After such an atrocious run, its remarkable to see WB pull possibly 2 big franchises out of their ass with Barbie and Wonka. Dune 2 will also do well no doubt, as will Aquabro if it stays. 

Ha, I said when the trailer debuted last week Wonka was Barbie’s next core audience waiting to happen. All of the meltdowns here when Chalamet can’t stop  niche sci-fi from tanking with Dune 2, but Wonka blows up are probably gonna be epic 

15 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Don't know if I can handle this opening to 100M. Might just break down crying :')

Just imagine when Dune 2 opens to 80 million plus………..sometime in 2024.

I think Warner Bros is going to have a great Christmas if Wonka turns out to be a juggernaut. Roald Dahl has mixed success in the US but Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a cult classic and the 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was successful as well.

2 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

That’s what I’m hearing! How’s Matt Damon? I randomly am a big fan of his 

He was great. Much better than Paul Newman in the 1989 movie on this subject. I’m a big fan of Paul Newman, but I think the critics were right to complain about his performance in that 1989 movie.

Damon had wonderful chemistry with Murphy. At the moment my favorite scene of the movie is when Damon & Murphy first meet each other. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ha, I said when the trailer debuted last week Wonka was Barbie’s next core audience waiting to happen. All of the meltdowns here when Chalamet can’t stop  niche sci-fi from tanking with Dune 2, but Wonka blows up are probably gonna be epic 

Okay.

• Knock It Off 2