Eric Prime

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

7 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Elemental continues to hold really well honestly.

I always thought this weekend will be the end for Elemental great hold but Disney has been doing their job to keep the screen. Even Indy 5 isn't dropping harsh facing Barbieheimer this week.

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

So who's actually right? The numbers has 5.4 for sound of freedom

should be 5.7m, Angel tends to give 2nd revised update after the PiF numbers are in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Unfitclock said:

Is there any chance mission impossible gets to 200 million domestic anymore 

Sadly I think that is a impossible mission right now. =). Had to make the joke.  Even making as  much  as Dial of Destiny right now is not a lock. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

Is there any chance mission impossible gets to 200 million domestic anymore 

Highly unlikely 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, PatrickvD said:

Is Margot Robbie now a Box Office draw?

Probably not. Barbie certainly changes the narrative for her after being in multiple flops. But I think it's quite telling that Gosling "stole the show" for many, so much so that I'm now seeing backlash on social media from people saying he's getting too much focus and attention. He was always the only legitimate star in the movie imo so  all the attention and talk of Oscar buzz is not at all surprising to me. 

God, sometimes seeing people who don’t follow box office try to report on box office is awful. 

Already seeing tiktoks “Christopher Nolan can’t catch a break, with the biggest bomb of his career. Barbie opened to 70 million in a single day, and Oppenheimer could only manage 10.5”

• ...wtf 5
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I would argue this summer hasn't been too bad, 2014 was a lot worse. 

Agree. Prior this weekend, theatres had Guardians Vol 3, Across The Spiderverse and Little Mermaid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

The Barbenheimer meme is HUGE in my friend circle and we are all 20-24 years old. I'm convinced the meme added $30m+ to each films OW, probably means shorter legs though. 

I agree it added to both, but I don’t think it means shorter legs.

I think this is a case where WOM from opening weekend is going to blast both into the stratosphere, with many people who had no intention of seeing it now wanting to see what the fuss is about. 

Oppy is already almost selling out IMAX showings 3 weeks from now, so definitely no signs of front loading there. And this a figure just means older audiences didn’t rush out opening weekend (they tend to avoid the crowds) so even more likely for better legs ahead. 

Just now, DAJK said:

God, sometimes seeing people who don’t follow box office try to report on box office is awful. 

Already seeing tiktoks “Christopher Nolan can’t catch a break, with the biggest bomb of his career. Barbie opened to 70 million in a single day, and Oppenheimer could only manage 10.5”

There was that one TikTok dipshit who said Avatar 2 flopped because it didn’t make 2 billion opening weekend 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

There was that one TikTok dipshit who said Avatar 2 flopped because it didn’t make 2 billion opening weekend 

I don't know what's worse, the fact he said that or the fact that he doubled down on it after being called out relentlessly.