upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Am I the only one that finds this type of "news" to be incredibly dull and boring?  

She is being asked if she specifically wants to direct Bond/action/superhero/etc types of films and then it's fucking news when she doesn't flat out say no??

It sort of speaks to how there's a big chunk of online "film fans" who don't really want to go out of their comfort zone and watch "different" kind of films, they just want those filmmakers to come make the films they already know instead. Happens all the time with superhero fandoms whenever a new director pops off as well.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

If Jurassic Park comes back, it just needs to do one thing:

have a functioning park.

In 6 films they’ve only had that once. It’s what people actually want to see. That’s why Jurassic World was so big. 

So they are gonna somehow keep it open despite all the deaths and reputation hits?

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

It sort of speaks to how there's a big chunk of online "film fans" who don't really want to go out of their comfort zone and watch "different" kind of films, they just want those filmmakers to come make the films they already know instead. Happens all the time with superhero fandoms whenever a new director pops off as well.

Yep, I find it hilarious when I see on Reddit that a new director just had a big hit (think EEAO and the Daniels, for example), and half of the thread comments are people hoping that they direct MCU, DCEU, or whatever the hell franchise they are fans of

It’s like people nowadays are programmed into only thinking through the prism of their favorite IP. What has happened to pop culture

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Yep, I find it hilarious when I see on Reddit that a new director just had a big hit (think EEAO and the Daniels, for example), and half of the thread comments are people hoping that they direct MCU, DCEU, or whatever the hell franchise they are fans of

It’s like people nowadays are programmed into only thinking through the prism of their favorite IP. What has happened to pop culture

I would be down for Barbie 2 being a satire of this very concept.  Ironic and Gerwig would have a field day. 

Barbie has the potential to take #2 today - Here are the top non-holiday Wednesday grosses:

1. Endgame: 25.25m
  2. Jurassic World: 19.90m
  3. Incredibles 2: 19.74m
  4. The Dark Knight: 18.38m
  5. Finding Dory: 18.09m
  6. The Lion King: 17.04m
  7. Infinity War: 16.97m
  8. Top Gun Maverick: 14.82m
  9. Black Panther: 14.69m
  10. Dead Man's Chest: 14.15m
  11. The Dark Knight Rises: 13.77m
  12. The Avengers: 13.61m
  13. Minions Rise of Gru: 13.57m
  14. Toy Story 3: 13.46m 
  15. Fallen Kingdom: 12.27m

Yes I used this as an excuse to make a list, but it would not surprise me if Barbie ended up closer to #1 than #2

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

It's extremely tiring. Only makes last weekend even more satisfying.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Barbie has the potential to take #2 today - Here are the top non-holiday Wednesday grosses:

1. Endgame: 25.25m
  2. Jurassic World: 19.90m
  3. Incredibles 2: 19.74m
  4. The Dark Knight: 18.38m
  5. Finding Dory: 18.09m
  6. The Lion King: 17.04m
  7. Infinity War: 16.97m
  8. Top Gun Maverick: 14.82m
  9. Black Panther: 14.69m
  10. Dead Man's Chest: 14.15m
  11. The Dark Knight Rises: 13.77m
  12. The Avengers: 13.61m
  13. Minions Rise of Gru: 13.57m
  14. Toy Story 3: 13.46m 
  15. Fallen Kingdom: 12.27m

Yes I used this as an excuse to make a list, but it would not surprise me if Barbie ended up closer to #1 than #2

So if Barbie does what Empire says and has done for tuesday, which is 25 million you think it has a chance to stay flat on wednesday? There's about as much chance of that as a snowball surviving in a microwave

Edit

Sorry you're saying that it could be closer to number one then number two.

I also don't think it's really fair that you keep the force awakens off of here. What's the difference between Christmas weekdays and summer weekdays?

• Like 1

Great hold on tuesday for barbie. I expect a 25% drop today to a $19 wednesday. Oppenheimer tuesday holds is also great, especially considering that a huge amount of it's money came from premium screens. These two movies are injecting a lot of money and interest in the market.

Just now, Deep Wang said:

I'm sorry, what?

Staying flat on discount Tuesday might be the most impressive thing yet??  

I agree. This is the best number of barbies run yet.

• Like 1