Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

10 minutes ago, datpepper said:

Around midnight or so. Very early in the morning (or late at night, depending on how you want to look at it).

Thanks. Release so far look small but presales look really good. I dont know what on earth universal is thinking in making it day and date at Peacock even though Peacock is the least relevant among streamers. Previously it was free for Xfinity customers but for now you have to pay for it. I am expecting less impact than say D+ or Max release. Still its a wasted opportunity for sure. 

27 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

Just played The Eras Tour trailer with tickets on sale disclaimer before Sunday Night Football. 

I really hate that I can't track any more with the app changes. I'd love to see the bump on this. I had said that I thought NFL games would be the best place for her to advertise.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

Still not comparable at all to Swift, I think it's absurd to suggest that FNAF will be that level of presale-heavy. It no doubt will have a fan rush but the sales just aren't at the volume that could produce frontloading on the level of what we're seeing with Eras Tour. 

Well, yeah.  But I was mostly sidestepping the whole TET comparison and just looking at the fan rush angle. :)

I'm curious to see just how incredibly frontloaded FNAF will be. It's being primed as the ultimate one weekend wonder between opening just days before Halloween and the hybrid release (these Peacock day-and-date releases have been for movies of lousy quality for the most part).

1 hour ago, abracadabra1998 said:

To be fair this whole game is more like an ad for Taylor Swift, eager to see if any meaningful bump happens tomorrow 

yeah she’s all over my social media feed tonight. Don’t think last week’s game had much of an effect but will be interesting to see 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

Huh WTF. This thing has more tix sold than Halloween Ends and Scream VI had on its first day, COMBINED. 

I’m telling y’all my middle schoolers are a great barometer for hype; they wouldn't stop talking about Barbie back in May, and in September they would always talk about Paw Patrol and FNAF. They haven't failed me yet

Edited by abracadabra1998
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, datpepper said:

No sale date yet for Trolls Band Together, but I do know that there will be an early access show on Nov 4.

lol why isn't this just fully opening that weekend in the first place given how empty it already was after Dune left (the most high-profile release on that frame now is Priscilla, which is a likely single digits opener)? Silly.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol why isn't this just fully opening that weekend in the first place given how empty it already was after Dune left (the most high-profile release on that frame now is Priscilla, which is a likely single digits opener)? Silly.

They are more likely to be able to get the cast promotion if they keep it in late November, so there is no need to move it. The Grinch and Ralph 2 co-existed in the same frame in 2018.

No sign of Renaissance tickets yet.  

Perhaps more worryingly, I can't even find it in the Fandango database.  Or on various corp sites, for that matter.

Was a little worried that the extreme last minute nature of a ticket scheduling might catch ticket websites a little flat footed, never mind individual theaters.  That might be a reason for a delay as well.

Suppose we'll see if it shows up in about 50 minutes or so.

Edited by Porthos