katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Disney is such a punchline now it's not even funny anymore. Everything went wrong for them this year. Quantumania and Secret Invasion sent their golden goose of old Marvel into the gutter, their Black Panther 2.0 came and went without much fanfare, Indy 5 fell flat on its face and now Haunted Mansion is a dud too. Their only hit this year has been Guardians 3 and even that one only got there because of word of mouth. Oh, and the creative head behind it jumped ship to your rival. The worst part of it all is that the suits will likely take their rage out on their employees later this year with brutal layoffs. Employees who are most likely not to blame for greenlighting drivel no one wants to see.

Nice to see you being positive for once... 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Another 2024 Disney project I’m curious to see perform is Alien: Romulus. Will the 7 year gap between Covenant and that be enough for audiences to be interested in the universe again? Will the stand alone nature of it help or hurt it? August seems like a good date for it but I’m not sure what’s currently releasing that month with it.

23 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

How does everyone feel about Disney's slate next year.

Outside of Deadpool 3 none of the marvel movies feel like they're gonna turn a profit.

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes and Mufasa seem like they can go either way.

Elio and Inside Out 2 should at the very least turn things around for Pixar.

All the Marvels will underperform, including Deadpool Mufasa will be heading for an Alice 2-style drop, Inside Out 2 will underperform, Planet of the Apes will suffer with no Caesar, Elio will maybe do Elemental numbers, but who knows? Snow White is actually the one I'm seemingly more optimistic on. Just feels like a movie people want to fail when I'm in a wait and see in terms of marketing. Just don't like doubting a Disney Princess movie.

Of course who knows how these movies will turn out when all of them have their release dates in flux. At this rate, nothing is safe from a delay.

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Nice to see you being positive for once... 🙄

Just a reminder that if you don't like a user and their negativity, you can put them on your Ignore list. It's really not that hard.

• Like 2

Just now, Eric Bainbridge said:

All the Marvels will underperform, including Deadpool Mufasa will be heading for an Alice 2-style drop, Inside Out 2 will underperform, Planet of the Apes will suffer with no Caesar, Elio will maybe do Elemental numbers, but who knows? Snow White is actually the one I'm seemingly more optimistic on. Just feels like a movie people want to fail when I'm in a wait and see in terms of marketing. Just don't like doubting a Disney Princess movie.

Of course who knows how these movies will turn out when all of them have their release dates in flux. At this rate, nothing is safe from a delay.

Snow White intrigues me because Greta Gerwig co wrote the screenplay and the other writer Erin Cressida Wilson is best known for films like Secretary, Chloe and The Girl on the Train. 

There are also the 20th Century films like Alien which should do well,, 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Another 2024 Disney project I’m curious to see perform is Alien: Romulus. Will the 7 year gap between Covenant and that be enough for audiences to be interested in the universe again? Will the stand alone nature of it help or hurt it? August seems like a good date for it but I’m not sure what’s currently releasing that month with it.

I'm honestly shocked that one's getting a theatrical release at all. Alien and Predator are both similarly damaged goods right now, yet it's the former which will be getting the red carpet while the latter is doomed to be Hulu fodder. Weird. But with the streaming bubble popping I guess they figure it can't do that badly.

3 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Planet of the Apes will suffer with no Caesar

This is the one I'm most baffled by, there's almost no chance this is anywhere near the quality of the last trilogy, right?  Even if they included Caesar!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Just a reminder that if you don't like a user and their negativity, you can put them on your Ignore list. It's really not that hard.

Does seem unfair that I get rapped on the knuckle for making a sarcastic comment but a comment about an actor descending into alcoholism due to hypothetical reshoots which is a lot worse didn't even bat an eyelid! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Does seem unfair that I get rapped on the knuckle for making a sarcastic comment but a comment about an actor descending into alcoholism due to hypothetical reshoots which is a lot worse didn't even bat an eyelid! 

Did you report this post? Because I had never seen that post before. If I did, I would for sure give it warning points with no hesitation. If you did not report it, then next time, please do so. Or show me the post in question. Because I, and the rest of the staff, are busy with their personal lives, post reports are necessary to make sure we know who is starting trouble and making things worse for everybody. If nothing gets reported, these kinds of posts can easily slip through the cracks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Next year overall seems kind of depressing.

Has there been any widespread hype for anything at all?

Joker 2 certainly got major hype and huge headlines from the Gaga casting and a few of the first look photos. It's weird to say this, since the novelty factor isn't as strong and superhero fatigue and all, but that feels like the strongest candidate to be #1 next year...assuming it does come out next year lol

2 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Joker 2 certainly got major hype and huge headlines from the Gaga casting and a few of the first look photos. It's weird to say this, since the novelty factor isn't as strong and superhero fatigue and all, but that feels like the strongest candidate to be #1 next year...assuming it does come out next year lol

GOAT Philips saving cinema once again. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

Did you report this post? Because I had never seen that post before. If I did, I would for sure give it warning points with no hesitation. If you did not report it, then next time, please do so. Or show me the post in question. Because I, and the rest of the staff, are busy with their personal lives, post reports are necessary to make sure we know who is starting trouble and making things worse for everybody. If nothing gets reported, these kinds of posts can easily slip through the cracks.

I completely forgot to report it when I saw the comment, apologies. Have done so now and will keep it in mind if anything crops up from now it.