setna

Weekday numbers 7-31 to 8-3

9 minutes ago, XXR Dar-Benn said:

O/U $25M today for Barbenheimer? 

I would think lower. Its weekdays are so strong that there is little potential of discount tuesday increase. Especially Oppenheimer which is Imax heavy. Barbie will see better increase but potential is limited due to how strong Sunday/Monday were. I would say ~ 16.5/7.3. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, XXR Dar-Benn said:

O/U $25M today for Barbenheimer? 

Over id say, but could be very close. Im hoping for 17M for Barbie and 8 - 8,5M M for Oppy but gotta admit im maybe a bit too optimistic here.

Reasoning for optimism is that less spillover effect than last week could result in a better discount Tuesday gross/effect. Oppys runtime and IMAX dependancy though could prevent a good jump though.

Edited by Brainbug

1 hour ago, M37 said:

They’re both going to be pretty close to 3x OW (Indy maybe gets there?) but both will finish under 2x OWeek ($94 and $91M respectively)

It is what it is for these movies. Neither franchise is damaged by the Box office performances. This was going to be the last Harrison Ford Indiana  Jones anyway and we are still getting DR Part 2 with a better release date and better marketing hopefully. 

1 hour ago, Killimano3 said:

Honestly I'm still surprised by just how low Indy went. The movie wasn't even bad honestly, it was pretty good I thought. So either the marketing was far more terrible then I thought or boomers really did just fully reject being reminded how long it's been since the originals lol.

It's more that boomers sadly reject going to the movies now and will just wait to see this at home. A lot of other things hurt Indy (that Cannes premieres killed any and all momentum frankly) and it still wouldn't have been a huge hit or whatever, but if we were back at 2018/2019 attendance, I feel it would have at least matched Solo.

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

At this very moment, President Biden and his wife are sitting in a DC movie theater watching Oppenheimer. Back in the 1970s, he served in the Senate with some of the very same senators portrayed in the movie.

Surprised he stayed awake for the runtime. 

• Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, Eric the Hatbox Ghost said:

It's more that boomers sadly reject going to the movies now and will just wait to see this at home. A lot of other things hurt Indy (that Cannes premieres killed any and all momentum frankly) and it still wouldn't have been a huge hit or whatever, but if we were back at 2018/2019 attendance, I feel it would have at least matched Solo.

boomers show up for Sound of Freedom and Top Gun: Maverick, but nothing else. Maybe Passion 2 will do well among boomer crowd.

18 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Japanese Twitter is fueling Barbenheimer box office 

Kind of true lol while 911 itself is a sad event, I am pretty sure I have seen plenty jokes about it in pop culture. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I don't see how Indy gets to 180 and maybe you're right maybe Ethan Hunt gets there but right now I just don't see how

Should be at ~$169M by Thursday, and if it keeps on the same -40% drop rate it had for the past weekend, adds another $10M more. Not much in the way of new competition left in August for older adults, so holds could be even better through Labor Day weekend; only question is really volume, but suspect Disney will do their best to protect  it 

• Like 1