setna

Weekday numbers 7-31 to 8-3

pretty solid numbers for tmnt. hoping that it and meg 2 can both hit 25 for FSS. assuming Oppy can drop under 46%, it’d be the first time the top 4 all did 25m+ since… thanksgiving 2018. gotta love signs of long-term BO health

• Like 5

Well this weekend will be very interesting, indeed. TMNT has a shot of breaking up the Barbenheimer party, surpassing Oppy for second place. I guess Meg 2 has a shot as well. Looks like Barbie could have similar numbers to TGM's 3rd weekend, after all.

Edited by Ororo Munroe

Box Office Report Weekend Forecast

Rank Film (Distributor) Weekend
Gross
Total
Gross
%
Change
Week
#
1 Barbie
(Warner Bros.)
$58.0 M $465.0 M -38% 3
2 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
Mutant Mayhem
(Paramount)
$32.5 M $48.5 M NEW 1
3 Oppenheimer
(Universal)
$29.0 M $229.2 M -38% 3
4 Meg 2: The Trench
(Warner Bros.)
$24.5 M $24.5 M NEW 1
5 Haunted Mansion
(Disney)
$10.3 M $43.8 M -57% 2
6 Sound of Freedom
(Angel Studios)
$7.6 M $164.3 M -41% 5
7 Mission: Impossible -
Dead Reckoning Part One
(Paramount)
$7.0 M $151.6 M -34% 4
8 Talk to Me
(A24)
$5.8 M $21.2 M -44% 2
9 Elemental
(Disney)
$1.7 M $148.9 M -51% 8
10 Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
(Disney)
$1.5 M $170.6 M -62% 6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

$12.7M isn't too shabby for Barbie.  Still higher than Top Gun Maverick's $12.4M and Top Gun Maverick got wiped tf out by Jurassic World on that Thursday. Barbie will be at $405M+ tomorrow and most likely $460M+ at the end of the weekend. $700M still on the cards. Crazy how it and Opp are holding so similarly though. Legs are almost identical. 

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

That says more about TGM especially with Barbie having the edge almost every week so far. Barbie needs to get to 600M first, which is not yet guaranteed. 😅 lol 

Well TGM is the only movie released in summer that has made it to 700M. Its late legs aren't going to be as good but it's got a $60M lead on it so the longer it can stay above it the more chance it has. I'll eat my hat if Barbie doesn't make it to $600M at this point. 

Edited by Fanboy

25 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Well TGM is the only movie released in summer that has made it to 700M. Its late legs aren't going to be as good but it's got a $60M lead on it so the longer it can stay above it the more chance it has. I'll eat my hat if Barbie doesn't make it to $600M at this point. 

Ha. Yeah 600M is likely happening. Just saying there is still some distance to go before it gets there, let alone 700M. Lol We will see but it's plausible that it doesn't even get to 650. 

• ...wtf 1

18 hours ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

I thought it was a great movie personally

Okay. For me, it was probably the worst film I've seen in cinema this year, next to the last Ant-Man (I went to the cinema 13 times this year - Fabelmans, Quantumania, Creed III, Scream VI, John Wick 4, Air, GotG3, Across the Spider-Verse, The Flash, Indy5, M:I-7, Oppie and Barbie). Probably the worst screening I've been to since JWD last year.

3 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

That says more about TGM especially with Barbie having the edge almost every week so far. Barbie needs to get to 600M first, which is not yet guaranteed. 😅 lol 

Barbie is now 14.3% ahead of TDK and gaining everyday. I think $600m is pretty safe at this point, especially with August and September empty. JW's $653.4m will be a real challenge here - to do this, Barbie needs more than x4 multi, so far only one non-December release had over x4 multi* and it was TGM).

*among +$100m openers

Edited by Juby

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

We will see but it's plausible that it doesn't even get to 650. 

39 minutes ago, Juby said:

JW's $653.4m will be a real challenge here - to do this, Barbie needs more than x4 multi, so far only one non-December release had over x4 multi* and it was TGM).

jack-nicholson-nods.gif

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Juby said:

Barbie is now 14.3% ahead of TDK and gaining everyday. I think $600m is pretty safe at this point, especially with August and September empty. JW's $653.4m will be a real challenge here - to do this, Barbie needs more than x4 multi, so far only one non-December release had over x4 multi* and it was TGM).

*among +$100m openers

TGM was just entering summer though, while Barbie is exiting it.

• Like 1

Yeah TGMs late legs are a different beast. It seemed like Avatar 2 was gonna beat it for a while after it had a big lead out of the holidays but it still ended up $35m short. Barbie needs to amass a BIG lead before the school holidays finish to have a chance at beating it.

Edited by IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son

With a 7M Wednesday with the 3.85M previews, if TMNT follows Smurfs 2 jumps for the five day, it could do 56m five day with an extra 2M in sneaks. Angry Birds 2 puts it around 38m (with Tue/Wed counting as one day) with sneaks getting it 40m.

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What's with the box office tweet widget? Why did it choose these 2 tweets to highlight?

Ur2zHAl.png

The initial rate limit Elon applied a few weeks back broke that widget, initially causing it to just stop working before it started highlighting random posts from the past few years.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

at this point the chances of it going under 600m could very well be under it's chances of passing TGM