setna

Weekday numbers 7-31 to 8-3

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

I’m pretty sure a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman is one of the DCEU’s better prospects. She is still very popular and fits the role well. Luckily for Warner, most people saw WW1984 it on streaming so I think they’ll be forgiving of its lackluster quality if the third one has a good trailer. Besides she is one of the most popular DCEU characters, and recasting Gal at this point would be pretty silly. 

I agree (though her popularity has taken a hit like most others in the DCEU). But I do still hold some skepticism because would Gunn really keep any of the main DCEU characters? Seems like he's trying to avoid bringing any messiness or confusion into the new DCU. 

One character I do hope continues on is Black Canary. She (and Black Mask) were the highlight of BOP for me and outside of Harley being in the movie, there was no obvious connection to the larger DCEU so her being included in the DCU should not present much of a problem. 

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Nice. Hoping for better than expected numbers going forward. Will be interesting to see what effect it has on Barbie and Oppenheimer's numbers though. Seems like it may have had some impact on Tuesday's but I guess that'll become clearer starting tonight. 

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

I’m pretty sure a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman is one of the DCEU’s better prospects. She is still very popular and fits the role well. Luckily for Warner, most people saw WW1984 it on streaming so I think they’ll be forgiving of its lackluster quality if the third one has a good trailer. Besides she is one of the most popular DCEU characters, and recasting Gal at this point would be pretty silly. 

If you're doing a reboot you have to leave everything behind. And with how TOXIC a brand the DCEU is, they should really do everything they can to make audiences know the DCU is another thing entirely. Keeping pieces is not how you do that.

18 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

How about we chill and remember that people are allowed to have differing opinions without being called out on either side. Unless they like Fant4stic. 

Completely agree. Opinions on movies are - like with nearly everything - completely subjective. One movie may be a masterpiece to someone and the next person mind find it utterly boring/bad. There no such movie except Jurassic World that could be considered "perfect/universally loved" anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Completely agree. Opinions on movies are - like with nearly everything - completely subjective. One movie may be a masterpiece to someone and the next person mind find it utterly boring/bad. There no such movie except Jurassic World that could be considered "perfect/universally loved" anyway.

Is that the movie that used to be in the top10 domestic?

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

16 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

well known Oppenheimer competitor the TMNT

All the humans in TMNT look like they suffered the aftermath of radiation poisoning, so it makes sense

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Looks like Barbie outgrossed all the Harry Potter films DOM.

Harry’s reaction to this happening: harry-potter-screaming.gif

HP movies are big in the Us but I thought they were way bigger. Well maybe it's cause is british so star wars and marvel are bigger, but HP is big as Star Wars OS. 

Edited by vale9001

26 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Looks like Barbie outgrossed all the Harry Potter films DOM.

Harry’s reaction to this happening: harry-potter-screaming.gif

Lowkey wished they kept the audio in this scene of the movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

HP movies are big in the Us but I thought they were way bigger. Well maybe it's cause british so star wars and marvel are bigger, but HP is big as Star Wars OS. 

Those numbers arent adjusted for inflation anyway.

Potter was popular in the USA but internationally, it was hugely popular. 

It's interesting that David Heyman while not a first look deal on WB has given them a fair number of hits aside from the WW franchise such as Gravity, We're The Millers and now Barbie. I do wonder if they regret not going for OUATIH which ended up by Sony, the reason they didn't win that in the end was Tarantino's terms to recede copyright after 20 years which they couldn't accept. 

26 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

One character I do hope continues on is Black Canary. She (and Black Mask) were the highlight of BOP for me and outside of Harley being in the movie, there was no obvious connection to the larger DCEU so her being included in the DCU should not present much of a problem. 

birds of prey was seen by so few people that i doubt most audiences would know the difference

• Thanks 1

Yes heyman is now maybe the most important producer in WB history. He already had the HP series + Gravity on his side and now with Barbie on its way to became the #1 Warner movie of all time he basically has all the top 3 for the studio?.

He produced also Wonka, if that turns into a big hit too It will be interesting. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Yes heyman is now maybe the most important producer in WB history. He already had the HP series + Gravity on his side and now with Barbie on its way to became the #1 Warner movie of all time he basically has all the top 3 for the studio?.

He produced also Wonka, if that turns into a big hit too It will be interesting. 

Wonka I have high hopes for because it's by the team behind the Paddington films and both those films were excellent. 

• Like 3