Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates - Barbie $53M (hit a billion!), Meg2 $30M, Oppy $28.7, TMNT - $27.95M (5-day $43M), HauntedMansion $8.97M

8 minutes ago, harry713 said:

17m

20.4m (+20%)

17.3m (-15%)

54.7m

461m total though third weekend. Give it roughly 35m for its third round of weekdays and it’s a few mil away from 500. Foolish to think 600m isn’t locked at this point. 

650 are locked with these weekends holds and other 3 weeks of very big and summer record breaking weekdays. 

Edited by vale9001

Deadline

1.) Barbie (WB) 4,178 (-159) theaters, Fri $17M (-41%) 3-day $54M (-42%)/Total $460.4M/Wk 3

2.) Teenage Mutanta Ninja Turtles…(Par) 3,858 theaters Fri $9.3M 3-day $30M, Total $45M/Wk 1

3.) Oppenheimer (Uni) 3,612 (-35) theaters Fri $8.3M (-38%), 3-day $28.7M (-39%)/Total $228.5M/Wk 3

4.) The Meg 2: The Trench (WB) 3,503 theaters Fri $12M, 3-day $28M/Wk 1

5.) Haunted Mansion (Dis) 3,740 theaters Fri $2.68M (-73%) 3-day $9M (-63%), Total $42M/Wk 2

6.) Sound of Freedom (Angel) 3,001 theaters Fri $2.3M (-39%), 3-day $7.8M (-39%), Total $164.2M/Wk 5

7.) Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (Par) 2,422 (-337) Fri $1.87M (-38%) 3-day $6.6M (-38%), Total $151.2M/Wk 4

8.) Talk to Me (A24) 2370 (+30) theates, Fri $1.94M (-54%) 3-day $6M (-42%) Total $21.8M/Wk 2

9.) Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Dis) 1,190 (-975) theaters, Fri $460K (-60%) 3-day $1.7M (-57%)/Total $170.8M/Wk 6

10.) Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prm Kahaani (Moviegoer) 275 theaters (-85) Fri $476K 3-day $1.64M (-60%) Total $4.8M/Wk 2

• Like 1

Barbie is likely enjoying another sub-40% drop next weekend when it might be able to get some PLF screens back (and the only major new opener being a dumpy horror movie). It's much more likely than not remaining #1 until Equalizer 3 on Labor Day weekend at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I'm expecting very very long legs for Opp too when there will be less new big releases and 340-350 final.

Seems a perfect movie to play in September october too 

I don't think, given how light the schedule has become due to strike-related delays, it would shock anyone if both movies were still in the top 10 by mid-September. Heck, Barbie might still be in the top 5 the weekend A Haunting in Venice comes out.

Edited by filmlover

4 hours ago, vafrow said:

If Oppenheimer lands at number 2 for the weekend, I think it will tie the record for most weeks of a two movies locked as one and two.

The other examples I found are both during the Titanic run, with Tomorrow Never Dies and The Wedding Singer each taking runs of 3 weeks at number 2.

If Oppenheimer gets it this weekend, it could set the record next week.

Ghostbusters / Gremlins were #1 and #2 together for 6 weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Yeah, the WOM has been great and this should be another $150m+ animation. Poor Elemental, the great hold suddenly collapse facing TMNT. Making me wonder just how vulnerable the animation has become when face up against competition in this marketplace. Why can't both doing great?

bro disney kept removing and removing theaters for this movie, when truly it could have made a lot more money. Than TMNT releases and takes all the showtimes.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Barbie is likely enjoying another sub-40% drop next weekend when it might be able to get some PLF screens back (and the only major new opener being a dumpy horror movie). It's much more likely than not remaining #1 until Equalizer 3 on Labor Day weekend at this point.

Universal seems to have given up on Demeter completely looking at the low theater count, the lack of any marketing after the initial trailer which looked good at the time and zero promotions since. Looks like a dump on their part, didn't even have a second trailer.

Just now, grim22 said:

Universal seems to have given up on Demeter completely looking at the low theater count, the lack of any marketing after the initial trailer which looked good at the time and zero promotions since. Looks like a dump on their part, didn't even have a second trailer.

It was a movie that filmed back in Q3 of 2021 and was originally set for an equally dumpy January spot before being moved around a bit. More likely than not the film itself is a dud.

51 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

does it change fact that barbie needs more than 12 mln people to watch/rewatch this movie to hit 600 mln?

You make it sound like those people don't exist. You're just arguing for the sake of it at this point.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Another? It hasn't had a sub 40s drop yet. 

Also, 650 is definitely not locked. Lol 

Going out to see TMNT now. ✌

• Knock It Off 6

2 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I mean, Friday-to-Friday is down only 41% and Saturday increases are going to get stronger again (as weekdays return to diminished levels) throughout the month as schools start to go back.

29 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

You make it sound like those people don't exist. You're just arguing for the sake of it at this point.

it doesnt matter if this people will watch this movie for the first time or not. there wasnt movie with 100mln opening released in july with with legs as barbie needs to reach 630.

45 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's got an awful title. should've been called Dracula Boat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Also, 650 is definitely not locked. Lol 

Going out to see TMNT now. ✌

For a second I read “it hasn’t had a sub 40s drop yet” as a negative lol. I know it really isn’t. 

Holds for Barbie have, of course, been incredible.