Eric is Quiet

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

Universal is lucky that Mario/Fast X/Oppenheimer alone ensured they had a good year since it's about to be a bit of a relatively quiet period for them cause after Strays next weekend they only have four releases for the rest of 2023, two of which are horror flicks (with one of them being a hybrid streaming release) and the other two being animated movies that aren't guaranteed to make Elemental money. Their 2024 slate, at least as it currently stands (who knows what it'll ultimately end up looking like due to how long the strikes might last), is looking to be quite busy though so they can afford some downtime. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Universal is lucky that Mario/Fast X/Oppenheimer alone ensured they had a good year since it's about to be a bit of a relatively quiet period for them cause after Strays next weekend they only have four releases for the rest of 2023, two of which are horror flicks (with one of them being a hybrid streaming release) and the other two being animated movies that aren't guaranteed to make Elemental money. Their 2024 slate, at least as it currently stands (who knows what it'll ultimately end up looking like due to how long the strikes might last), is looking to be quite busy though so they can afford some downtime. 

I wouldn't count out Migration but Trolls I'm unsure about and a week before Wish isn't good, I would have released it in October since that's the case OS.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't count out Migration but Trolls I'm unsure about and a week before Wish isn't good, I would have released it in October since that's the case OS.

Honestly Trolls should've taken October 6 once Kraven moved to free up the crowded November since Paw Patrol 2 is less imposing competition than a new Disney musical and it would've had an open marketplace until Wish. Oh well.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Honestly Trolls should've taken October 6 once Kraven moved to free up the crowded November since Paw Patrol 2 is less imposing competition than a new Disney musical and it would've had an open marketplace until Wish. Oh well.

Even October 27th would have been fine for Trolls. 

5 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

This looks like a great weekend to see a new movie...

Mutant Mayhem it is!

since Demeter is clearly garbage.

Based on what?

2 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Unsure as to what Demeter’s cost was, but regardless that’s a rough number to start.

$45m but Universal are only distributing it so they're not losing much if any money at all.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Thanks 1

Dracula Boat looks like one of those movies I'm gonna have to wait until it's out on VOD because those night time scenes look like they're gonna be dim as hell i'd be sitting in the cinema not knowing what the hell was going on.