kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The fact that Fincher, Scorsese, Miyazaki, Michael Mann, Ridley Scott are all releasing new movies this year is giving me reason to go over their filmographies which will probably occupy the rest of the year for me. 

Also will go over my favourite WDAS films plus all the COVID era ones which I frankly haven't rewatched in anticipation for Wish. 

Trailer out yet for new Fincher joint? What’s it about?

No way home is one of the best fanservice and cameo  movies I've watched. The whole gimmick is damn well excuted.

On first viewing it's sort of mind-blowing but on sub sequent viewings the gimmick kind of wares off .

Still a good movie , Tom Holland  arc is great and goblin is menacing but still doesn't get top tier cream MCU for me.

NWH gave the audiences exactly what they wanted from that sort of film.

The takes we are seeing are  probably just the nostalgia and gimmick waring off and some realizing it's an "A" movie and not " A+" it was upon first viewing and release for some. And ofcorse it being the internet negative hot takes are more pronounced.

In conclusion NWH is still good just not as excellent as we thought on first viewing. That's the vibe I've got anecdotally and watching videos breakdowns of phase 4.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, toutvabien said:

My hot take is that I prefer Far from Home over Homecoming, even tho I'm well aware Peter literally has to go through the same arc because his involvement in Infinity War contradicted his ending in Homecoming.

And that was Infinity War/Endgame's fault more than FFH's.

FFH is better than HC IMO because it is less overstuffed, has less of mentor/father/owner Iron Man, more of Zendaya and well, Mysterio is fun. HC could have been something really special if it had actually given Tomei's Aunt May more to do. FFH had to write her out of the plot because of the Europe trip, which I understand was needed to give Peter a break after the IW/Endgame trauma pile.

Anyways more than half of the MCU is worse than the Spidey trilogy so find it weird people are fixated on the Spider-Films of all things. 

• Like 1

NWH ages like milk. Once you get past the novelty of seeing Andrew and Tobey back on the screen, there's really not much left. They gave the villains (sans Dafoe) next to nothing to do, the movie is poorly shot, the screenplay is a mess. If there's any movie that exemplifies a spur of the moment thrill, it's this one. I tried rewatching it a couple of months ago at home and I simply couldn't go all the way through with it, it's so mediocre.

• Like 8
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

The Scream trilogy>Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy>Star Wars OG trilogy>Toy Story trilogy. 

Scream really fucking snapped.

Only homophobes don't like Scream 3. #JK Cause if I don't say it, some of y'all gonna panic.

But, like, I genuinely love Scream 3, it's so fun. One of y'all called it like a Rated-R episode of Scooby-Doo YEARS ago, and it's tea. It's amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

No way home is one of the best fanservice and cameo  movies I've watched. The whole gimmick is damn well excuted.

On first viewing it's sort of mind-blowing but on sub sequent viewings the gimmick kind of wares off .

Still a good movie , Tom Holland  arc is great and goblin is menacing but still doesn't get top tier cream MCU for me.

NWH gave the audiences exactly what they wanted from that sort of film.

The takes we are seeing are  probably just the nostalgia and gimmick waring off and some realizing it's an "A" movie and not " A+" it was upon first viewing and release for some. And ofcorse it being the internet negative hot takes are more pronounced.

In conclusion NWH is still good just not as excellent as we thought on first viewing. That's the vibe I've got anecdotally and watching videos breakdowns of phase 4.

Why exactly are you trying to rationalise my view of the film putting a completely different opinion in my mouth lmao

42 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Only homophobes don't like Scream 3. #JK Cause if I don't say it, some of y'all gonna panic.

But, like, I genuinely love Scream 3, it's so fun. One of y'all called it like a Rated-R episode of Scooby-Doo YEARS ago, and it's tea. It's amazing.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Truckasaurus said:

NWH ages like milk. Once you get past the novelty of seeing Andrew and Tobey back on the screen, there's really not much left. They gave the villains (sans Dafoe) next to nothing to do, the movie is poorly shot, the screenplay is a mess. If there's any movie that exemplifies a spur of the moment thrill, it's this one. I tried rewatching it a couple of months ago at home and I simply couldn't go all the way through with it, it's so mediocre.

This one and The Force Awakens are both something people felt thrilled for but after that realized “gosh how dare they release such crap.” Nothing but lazy in every aspect. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

The Scream trilogy>Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy>Star Wars OG trilogy>Toy Story trilogy. 

Oh yes. 

1 hour ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Did you get a chance to see any of the 2hr20min assembly cut of Scream 3 that went online during the week? There were full clips on twitter. Lots more Sidney, even more Dewey & Gale. 

3 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

The takes you are seeing are because the entire plot of the film hinges on firstly, one character agreeing to something totally at odds with everything previously established about that character; and then secondly, another character randomly pulling a skill (that it's been established takes months if not years to learn) from his own backside in a crunchingly clunky manner.

Those aren't two tangential things that happened. That's not nit-picking. Those are literally the two primary inciting incidents of the film. 

Also as pointed out elsewhere the film has 5 antagonists, but only has any function for one of them.