RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

Regional multiplex chains Marcus Theatres and Classic Cinemas have both unsurprisingly jumped at the opportunity to screen this. I'd be surprised if any of those smaller/regional chains wouldn't do the same. The theater count will probably be pretty substantial. Anywhere with at least a few screens will probably be happy to screen it.

I'm curious about how the $20 price will go over for Classic Cinemas patrons, though, considering it's a bit of a discount chain. My nearest location usually does $7 matinees & $9 evenings, another nearby does $5 matinees and $7.50 evenings (hence why this is my chain of choice). They are both showing Eras for $19.89, which is like 3x-4x the matinee price and 2x-3x the evening price. Maybe as those first Friday and Saturday screenings at the more luxury theaters sell out, demand will spillover to these cheaper ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

The whole thing is fascinating. Never expected this tour to get so big.

Thankfully TS has not found the same success in film yet. The last two films she was in Cats and Amsterdam flopped spectacularly. 

At least those flop appearances were essentially glorified cameos. She wasn't on screen for more than 5 minutes in either. 

1 minute ago, harry713 said:

At least those flop appearances were essentially glorified cameos. She wasn't on screen for more than 5 minutes in either. 

The movies flopping weren't her fault, but she really needs to do a better job at picking the right movies to be in. I know a lot of singers want to make the transition to actors but most don't work out.

• Like 1

Will there be any PLFs not showing this on OW now that Exorcist is jumping up a week and the landscape is otherwise barren? Given the sky high ATP, I don’t see how this doesn’t blow past $100M OW, especially since her fans will see this multiple times if they can. Hell, it’s possible $200M could be in play despite the very long running time.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

There's a parallel world out there where MI7 ran away from Barbenheimer only to choose the October 13-15 weekend as the new opening date 😂

Tom Cruise and Christopher McQuarrie taking pictures decked out in Taylor merch.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

There's a parallel world out there where MI7 ran away from Barbenheimer only to choose the October 13-15 weekend as the new opening date 😂

MI was always getting screwed no matter what.  DR1 was hit by covid and DR2 being hit by twin strikes. This has to be the universe restoring balance after TGM rocked the world in 2022.

Edited by Mojoguy

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

If Mission Impossible 7 can't stand it's own ground, is it that strong of a movie? 

I’m honestly really fascinated to see how this performs. I feel like it can go a couple different ways but based on how insanely popular Taylor has been I wouldn’t be shocked if this opened really well and had strong legs afterwards. I can see it playing really well with families and it being a girls night type of movie. 

We shall see tho 

• Like 1