RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

22 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Yes with not official footage i mean this. Clearly Jackson didn't knew he was filmed to make a documentary or something so he's not even pushing It or really performing and thinking to entertain people. They seems like private moments in some way. So i can understand why fans can think It was wrong. We never knew if he would have been ok with the idea to release this specific material.

Jackson definitely knew he was being filmed. He used to release his concert tour recordings on video, the behind the scenes stuff was always bonus footage. Here the bonus footage was expanded and became a movie but it misses the actual presentation of a concert.

56 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Jackson definitely knew he was being filmed. He used to release his concert tour recordings on video, the behind the scenes stuff was always bonus footage. Here the bonus footage was expanded and became a movie but it misses the actual presentation of a concert.

I don't know...of course he knew he was filmed, i'm not saying they were hidden cameras...this kind of things always have people shooting in the behind the scenes, but the fact a documentary about the rehearsal of the shows was planned i don't think it's true..maybe Jackson could have select some very few short shoot for some thing but that's all. He was the kind of artist for the stage, if nothing it would have released a movie concert about the real show. And if with some backstage scene always selected by him. 

It really is absurd what this may gross. It’s one thing to have her smash streaming records and still sell a million+ copies of every album… another entirely to know her DIEHARD fanbase is so big they could fuel as much as 20m worth of $15-20 priced admissions DOM alone for a concert film most of them probably actually went to.

She just had a song this summer that blew the hell up to be one of her biggest chart hits ever despite being 4 YEARS old, getting zero promo from her or her team AND being in the middle of her promoting 2 other huge albums with hit songs, neither album of which said song is even from. I’ve truly never seen anything like that, and I know billboard chart history maybe even better than box office. It’s just unthinkable really how huge she is right now/ Above Beatlemania might not be hyperbole at all. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Heart 1
  • Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It really is absurd what this may gross. It’s one thing to have her smash streaming records and still sell a million+ copies of every album… another entirely to know her DIEHARD fanbase is so big they could fuel as much as 20m worth of $15-20 priced admissions DOM alone for a concert film most of them probably actually went to.

She just had a song this summer that blew the hell up to be one of her biggest chart hits ever despite being 4 YEARS old, getting zero promo from her or her team AND being in the middle of her promoting 2 other huge albums with hit songs, neither album of which said song is even from. I’ve truly never seen anything like that, and I know billboard chart history maybe even better than box office. It’s just unthinkable really how huge she is right now/ Above Beatlemania might not be hyperbole at all. 

Every era has different ways you can dominate and it's easier to see a currest artist as bigger than the ones in the past. She's clearly One of the biggest pop phenomenon ever but Elvis, the Beatles, madonna, Whitney, Michael Jackson, Queen have been at similar level of dominance in their peak. I don't think it's never seen, certainly She became a true generational icon. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Every era has different ways you can dominate and it's easier to see a currest artist as bigger than the ones in the past. She's clearly One of the biggest pop phenomenon ever but Elvis, the Beatles, madonna, Whitney, Michael Jackson, Queen have been at similar level of dominance in their peak. I don't think it's never seen, certainly She became a true generational icon. 

I have a very hard time believing any other artist could have ever commanded these kind of admissions for a concert film.  Maybe the Beatles during Beatlemania.

Her tour is just on another stratosphere in terms of what it’s doing for sales and revenue, so again this feels pretty unprecedented. 

• Like 1

Ah I am so glad this is getting released. I Didn't manage to get tickets for next years eras tour. And as I'm not willing to pay 1000% markup for resale, this will have to do.

I assume it won't get released here until after she tours here. So maybe October 2024 or so.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

Idk yet just how big this will open but FTR.....

Biggest DOM OW - Previews

1. Avengers: Endgame - $297,115,007
  2. Avengers: Infinity War - $218,698,183
  3. Spider-Man: No Way Home - $210,138,569
  4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $190,966,675
  5. Jurassic World - $190,306,270
  6. Marvel's The Avengers - $188,738,708
  7. Black Panther - $176,803,951
  8. Star Wars: The Last Jedi - $175,009,584
  9. The Lion King (2019) - $168,770,759
  10. The Incredibles 2 - $164,187,905

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This does make me curious what would have happened if Hamilton had been released theatrically like it was originally supposed to

If it's the same thing they released on D+? 30m total, I couldn't make it through half an hour of that recording. I'm sure it's different on stage, but that killed any desire I had to go watch it. 

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If it's the same thing they released on D+? 30m total, I couldn't make it through half an hour of that recording. I'm sure it's different on stage, but that killed any desire I had to go watch it. 

I agree. The reason it worked on Disney+ was that people could watch on their own pace and also the pandemic. Might have done 30-45M with a lot of "it was good but nothing compares to the stage show" type of reviews.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Youngsters believing Swift mania is what Jackson/Beatlemania was like. You love to see it. 

They were on another planet altogether. 

not only youngsters btw

https://www.insider.com/billy-joel-taylor-swift-beatles-of-her-generation-2021-11

This is an italian articles saying "taylormania is like the beatlesmania but only one person needed"

https://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/musica/2023/08/06/news/taylor_swift_record_tour_eras-410239132/

Edited by vale9001
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Youngsters believing Swift mania is what Jackson/Beatlemania was like. You love to see it. 

They were on another planet altogether. 

I suppose people said the same about Frank Sinatra while witnessing The Beatles in the 1960s. 

If you look at any commercial metric or records/achievements (this is a numbers based forum after all), she is only competing with The Beatles, Michael Jackson and maybe Madonna 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I have to imagine she's pretty close to the same planet as them. Like I don't know how much bigger you can get than selling out a tour of football stadiums in minutes and racking up $36m in concert recording presales in the first 24 hours it was announced.

100% agree with this. Plus due to globalisation, her total fanbase is of course higher than even older performers like Madonna. 

For example, in Singapore (asian country with 5.5 mil population), she's sold out 6 nights of a 40k+ capacity stadium.

Back to movies too, it looks like she's going to absolutely demolish the record for highest grossing concert movie