grim22

It’s Me. Hi. I’m The Eras Tour Weekend Thread | 39M Friday

33 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Now the two question after this great weekend is : what will be this 2nd Weekend  ? and The Eras Tour movie will be the most successful movie of the period August-December 2023 ?

Profitability wise, almost certainly.  Low production and marketing costs make it a near certainty unless something has a Barbie level performance.

Revenue wise, unlikely, but not impossible. But it will be a horrible stretch if that ends up holding true.  FNAF, Songbirds, Marvels, Aquaman, Wonka all have a reasonable shot to make that type of money. Not guaranteed from any of them, but for all to fall flat would be a pretty bad string of luck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coldshoulder said:

Actually she is the most streamed Western artist in nearly the whole Asia, including China.

This is the last thing I'll say on it but Taylor overperforms in some areas while there's other artists that have a much wider reach. When we talk here about international success we are mainly talking about Europe and Asia while ignoring other places like South America, Africa, the Caribbean, Oceania. 

47 minutes ago, Wandavisionlover0924 said:

This is the last thing I'll say on it but Taylor overperforms in some areas while there's other artists that have a much wider reach. When we talk here about international success we are mainly talking about Europe and Asia while ignoring other places like South America, Africa, the Caribbean, Oceania.

Much wider reach?? She's massive in Oceania though. And even though she isn't the biggest artist in South America she's still clearly very big there. In Africa she's possibly not that big, but then again, just as for Box Office, it's not exactly a big market.

Edited by Dale Cooper

47 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

No one tell Scott that the normal moviegoing rules, such as no talking, no phones, etc. were suspended for this film.

Also, it's a concert. There's no narrative to follow. It's not even in the same realm.

Scott's the one terminally online.

I don't even know where this supposed discourse is. Look at how long the highest grossing movies of all time are. Like...what?

17 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Haha and I was just gonna bring up too that ironically Taylor’s pop sound owes a ton to Lana’s cues, despite Lana never being a mainstream hitmaker

Yeah, it's crazy that Lana and Gaga are so impactful, and both were discovered by the same man, Bob Leone around the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

I don't even know where this supposed discourse is. Look at how long the highest grossing movies of all time are. Like...what?

There are frequently posts on Twitter and elsewhere bashing "movies these days" being too long while praising 90 minute movies and wishing for more like that. Just this past week one of the Live Action Short winners was on Twitter "joking" about the length of Killers of the Flower Moon:

7 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

There are frequently posts on Twitter and elsewhere bashing "movies these days" being too long while praising 90 minute movies and wishing for more like that. Just this past week one of the Live Action Short winners was on Twitter "joking" about the length of Killers of the Flower Moon:

There's "talk" and there's actually refusing to pay to see them. If a movie is big enough for people make a thing about its length, it's already won.

Edited by AniNate

I mean being 3 hours can and does have drawbacks sometimes. If a long-ass movie bombs or fails to connect with audiences, it makes it more susceptible to get pulled from theaters faster than a 90 minute bomb would. And generally these days, the biggest 3 hour movies are established brands like Avatar or Avengers or Lord of the Rings. If you're something like Babylon, you're boned.

• Like 1