Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #THU - The Marvels $1.2M, Priscilla $418K, Freddys $355K, KotFM $347K, Holdovers $263K

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I'm standing in solidarity as someone who will also wait until it's on Disney+ to check on The Marvels. Probably Wish too. 

Honestly, I thought that was the main reason to have a streaming service run by a studio. I mean, I'll still see Disney films in theaters. I saw Avatar 2 in theaters, for example. But if I'm reading iffy things, of course I'm going to wait.

And if it's from another studio, I sometimes won't even see a film once it reaches digital, because even $5.99 for an individual rental feels like too much money.

10 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

At least Shazam 2 was already part of a dead universe so it has no long term implications. The Marvels bombing this bad is just, a disaster

What long-term implications does this film doing bad really have?

And no, the post-credit scenes don't matter. In fact, they just make future films that much more confusing. Even on the MCU films that do well!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

What long-term implications does this film doing bad really have?

And no, the post-credit scenes don't matter. In fact, they just make future films that much more confusing. Even on the MCU films that do well!

If a sequel to a $1B movie is doing this badly, then imagine how movies like Thunderbolts, Captain America 4, and Blade are gonna to? The future MCU slate is looking bleak

And it also shows how much the MCU brand has declined. Eternals was able to do $400M WW back in Nov 2021 purely off the strength of the Marvel brand, now it would be lucky to do half that.

• Like 3

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

If a sequel to a $1B movie is doing this badly, then imagine how movies like Thunderbolts, Captain America 4, and Blade are gonna to? The future MCU slate is looking bleak

And it also shows how much the MCU brand has declined. Eternals was able to do $400M WW back in Nov 2021 purely off the strength of the Marvel brand, now it would be lucky to do half that.

I still don't feel like people comprehend just how lacking Marvel was at hyping this film themselves. Sure, there was a strike going on, but the largest promotional push I saw for the film was a cat cam on Youtube a week before release. 

We have over a year until any of those projects you mentioned hit theaters, so there's more than enough time to rebuild hype.

Hell, just look at how people reacted to the Echo trailer. That show is getting more love by Marvel Studios than The Marvels did, with an actual screening of two episode at an event!

• Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

don’t worry the Avengers movie with Ms Marvel, Ant Man’s daughter, that chick from DS2 and whoever else you can’t even remember will turn this ship around 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Biggest box office disaster of the year

1 The Marvels

2 The Flash

3 Bluebeetle

4 Shazam II

5 Indiana Jones V

6 Transformer VII

7 Mission:Impossible VII

8 Dungeons& Dragon

9 FastX

10 The Little Mermaid

This is cursed year for Hollywood franchise sequel with so many box office bombs,never saw this situation before.

edit:I forgot my baby “Antman 3”

Indiana Jones is probably #2 or #3… The budget was actually $329 million.

• Like 2