Borobudur

Thanksgiving 5-days Weekend thread | BOSS: 42.2m, Napoleon: 32.75m, Wish: 31.6m, Trolls: 25.6m, Thanksgiving: 10.9m

I remember during GB:A's BO run, Empire keep spreading his belief that GB:A will reach $100m by end of the thanksgiving long weekend and attacked everyone who stay in rational. Now it is surprise to see that HG:BOSS which opened to similar numbers like GB:A, got a real chance to really hit that mark by end of this Sunday.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Does Disney’s animated Wish close the gap and best Songbirds & Snakes on today which is considered the best day for family moviegoing? Yesterday the movie featuring the voices of Oscar winner Ariana DeBose and Chris Pine saw an estimated $3.9M in what’s looking like a $35M-$38M 5-day in second, estimated 3-day of $20.5M at 3,900.

Uh, $8.3 Wed + $3.9 Thur + $20.5M 3-day (which might be too high) does not get to $35M 5-day 

I’ll take the over on $30M, but not by much 

Edited by M37
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I remember during GB:A's BO run, Empire keep spreading his belief that GB:A will reach $100m by end of the thanksgiving long weekend and attacked everyone who stay in rational. Now it is surprise to see that HG:BOSS which opened to similar numbers like GB:A, got a real chance to really hit that mark by end of this Sunday.   

Especially after people last weeks said it would struggle to get there 

5 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Especially after people last weeks said it would struggle to get there 

I personally think the movie is great. At first the movie try to show you an fairy-tale adventure in a cruel world but slowly morph into a dark anti-crowd pleaser. I can understand that B+ cinemascore but certainly I feel like it is a memorable movie for many even to those who didn't like it.

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Kathleen Kennedy, Jennifer Lee, and Feige should all be replaced. Funny how they can fire as many low level workers as they want and nobody bats an eye but when you point out maybe they should start at the top people get angry and defensive. Have no idea why 

I think it's because Kennedy and to a lesser extent Lee are part of the online culture wars

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Wow, BOSS is just $0.9m behind TM now despite opening to $1.5m less and a week later. What a difference WOM makes.

After today BOSS will blow past TM and by the end of the weekend will likely have a higher boxoffice than TM will end up after its entire run.😲

57 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

how much more after this weekend can it do?

coming of a 6+ million weekend at least 10 more million seems locked

Moderation:

We have different threads on politics and political situation of many countries. We also have a real world section where such topics can be discussed. Please keep discussions on topic in this thread, namely related to the box office. This is not the right place to discuss elections, politics or the situation in Ireland/Israel/Palestine/etc. 

• Like 1