LegendaryBen

Weekend Thread - (01/19-01/21)

7 hours ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Never been a bigger 9ers before tonight (well actually since the last time they embarrassed the packers in the playoffs hehe)

Poor Viking fans, lol. It has to be hard seeing another Packers QB look like a superstar.  Another year of Cousins for the Vikings? or maybe they'll bring in Russell Wilson, lmao.  

I know this is a general thread to speak about anything, but I have no idea what people are speaking about on the last posts.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kon said:

I know this is a general thread to speak about anything, but I have no idea what people are speaking about on the last posts.

It's a Sunday in a mostly American community, and on a slow weekend without anything new to talk about. Naturally there will be a ton of football/baseball/sports talk us foreigners won't get. You get used to it after a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's a Sunday in a mostly American community, and on a slow weekend without anything new to talk about. Naturally there will be a ton of football/baseball/sports talk us foreigners won't get. You get used to it after a while.

@Plain Old Tele and I will add more to that from March 2nd when the F1 season starts again, looking forward to spamming everyone! 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$11.7m for Mean Girls is a 3.6x from Friday. Paramount could be overestimating a little. 

Looks like it had a +61% jump yesterday, with paramount estimating a -39% drop today. That seems like a reasonable estimate actually?

6 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

125 theaters is such an odd number to open this in, but with that in mind it's a solid start. The people behind the To Leslie Oscar campaign last year are now working on this movie, so it could also see a big Oscar boost if it surprises in any major categories this Tuesday.

48 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

For prior Regal/AMC secret movies I always wonder how they include the grosses. For a wide release they probably just roll it into Thursday previews, but I suppose distributors can do whatever they want.

Origin got a very mixed response from being sprung onto randos at $5 screenings but maybe plays better to awards movie fans?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

For prior Regal/AMC secret movies I always wonder how they include the grosses. For a wide release they probably just roll it into Thursday previews, but I suppose distributors can do whatever they want.

Origin got a very mixed response from being sprung onto randos at $5 screenings but maybe plays better to awards movie fans?

If it gets awards nominations. Rn it's hoping to crash the party thanks to Frances Fisher giving the movie and especially Ellis To Leslie grassroot campaign. We'll see what happens on  Tuesday.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That's a very solid start for Origin considering it hasn't factored into the awards race much this whole time.

I randomly got bombarded with Origin related posts on Thread and Insta last week. Like posts by celebs big-upping the movie. It was weird to see a kind of astroturfing.

• Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Good for MGM, they may have two 50m mid-sized hit from some genre that no longer deemed theatrical worthy

Proof that tapping into the underserved audience is a win.

Edited by Valonqar