CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World 4 | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

26 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am not conviced that Powell is a draw yet. Let's see him have a sucessful movie where he is the star (not the case in Maverick)  and in which he is the selling point, not the concept *as si the case in Twisters>

Anyone But You?

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Not the biggest fan of doing this but I think retconning FK and Dominion is the best way to continue the series 

I'm the biggest fan of doing this. Make a direct sequel to the original trilogy and pretend all this JW slop never happened, it's the best way to go.

Edited by Firepower

4 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Are they gonna go full Planet Of The Apes mode with this franchise?

If that's the case, i'm in.

If that’s what they’re going for, then it’d be a little word to go from World to City. 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If that’s what they’re going for, then it’d be a little word to go from World to City. 

Jurassic Galaxy, baby. Come on, Universal, make it happen.

17 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

Jurassic Galaxy, baby. Come on, Universal, make it happen.

Rise of the Jurassic World
Dawn of the Jurassic World
War for the Jurassic World

On 3/5/2024 at 6:01 AM, Brainbug said:

MV5BMjM1MzUyMTk5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTc2

I sort of like the idea of a modern version of 
The Beast From Twenty Thousand Fathoms the film which stated it all, about  Dino rampagind thruogh A Big CIty.

BTW, Beast was the first film where Ray Harryhausen got to show his huge talents, and that it did do well in Japan was a reason why Toho greenlit the first GOdzilla.

• Like 1

Jurassic City? Oh dear. Still not able to get rid of a couple of dinosaurs? I just hate where this franchise is going. It used to have inner logic, Even Dinosuars in the City in Lost World was okay in that univers.

But losing control over dinosaurs, after a hand ull broke free in JW2? Give me a break...

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Jurassic City? Oh dear. Still not able to get rid of a couple of dinosaurs? I just hate where this franchise is going. It used to have inner logic, Even Dinosuars in the City in Lost World was okay in that univers.

But losing control over dinosaurs, after a hand ull broke free in JW2? Give me a break...

To be fair, we dont know if that is really the title and we know nothing of the premise of the film so far. There are some rumors that its basically a new start for the franchise without (totally) ignoring the World movies.

But its certainly funny to think that "Jurassic City" isnt actually so far-fetched of a title it seems lol

On 3/5/2024 at 9:52 AM, Firepower said:

I'm the biggest fan of doing this. Make a direct sequel to the original trilogy and pretend all this JW slop never happened, it's the best way to go.

I will always go to bat for the first Jurassic World. I think it's a good blockbuster that does a good job expanding the series. The following 2 movies though have so many dumb elements and introduce things that just don't make any sense. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I will always go to bat for the first Jurassic World. I think it's a good blockbuster that does a good job expanding the series. The following 2 movies though have so many dumb elements and introduce things that just don't make any sense. 

I still will defend Fallen Kingdom. It is probably my 2nd favorite behind the original movie. Yeah the script is dumb if not outright terrible but J.A Bayona saves it for me by  directing  the hell out of it. Of course I have not watched it since Dominion came out so my opinion might have changed. That movie leaves such a bad taste it ruins the whole World trilogy. Hoping Gareth Edwards and David Koepp can deliver with the next movie. 

51 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I liked first Jurassic World, I would be lying if I said I didn't have chills during that third act and I liked one specific dialogue in it, but I wish it was better directed though, absurdly oversaturated colors, very clean and shiny look, and overlience on CGI and green screens made even its palms look super fake, let alone creatures and everything else.

Edited by Firepower

The Jurassic World movies are dumb, but it’s not like this franchise had high standards before that. Even the first film dumbed down the message of the original novel. People go to see these because dinosaurs are cool. That’s all there is to it. 

Jurassic World is my favorite JP film after the original. Dominion is by far my least favorite. Just an awful script all around and a waste of the legacy characters. It's the only JP film I cannot rewatch aside from the brilliant Therizinosaurus scene (the one scene that comes even close to capturing the suspense and horror of the original).

• Like 1